Chapter 7: Run Away

WARNING!!! BLOOD! You can skip if you wish on the parts where blood is mentioned, just know it exists in this chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------

When class was over and it was time for lunch, Peter didn't follow MJ and Ned to the cafeteria.

"I'm going to head out to get my own lunch today, you go on without me."

Obviously, knowing that that wasn't Peter and it was Venom talking, MJ and Ned didn't trust that statement, but they didn't want to reveal the fact they knew it was Venom in case chaos comes along and the whole school is left in fear. So, Peter headed out and MJ went to the cafeteria with Ned.

They both got a few glances and stares from the students there who, from what the two could guess, were probably wondering if they knew anything about Peter's sudden appearance. MJ and Ned get their lunch, ignoring the stares. They didn't talk through the whole walk to and through the cafeteria. They head to an empty bench, where no one can disturb them, after getting some food.

MJ makes quick calculations; her eyes glanced very quickly at everyone around their table, making sure no one is approaching them, she looks at the clock and realizes that Peter has been gone for ten minutes now, and she makes sure to talk quietly to Ned in order for no one to hear their conversation.

"Ned? Phone?"

"Still have it." He replies.

"Good, I want you to send a text to Tony, now."

"A text? I thought we were calling him."

"If that is Venom, he wouldn't take so long in getting... 'lunch'. A text would seem better. If he walks through those doors and hears you talking on the phone with Peter's enhanced hearing, it would blow our cover."

"Ah, okay. What should I tell him though? I can't just say: 'Hey Mister Stark, Venom is in our school but controlling Peter through his body.'"

"Just tell him that there's a Code V, in school. No one is hurt, but he needs to get here before someone does."

"Not much of a difference, but okay." Ned agrees to the plan. He takes his phone from his bag and starts to send a message to Tony.

'Hey, Mister Stark, there's a Code V in school. No one got hurt, but please-'

The doors of the cafeteria open and many heads turn to see Peter. The boy was now walking with a plastic cup that came with a straw, once he takes a sip, they could see dark red liquid passing through the straw. Everyone begins to whisper to each other wondering what was going on as Peter drank the strange...smoothie with a pleasing smile.

His eyes meet MJ and he makes his way to her and Ned, smirking. Ned quickly looks down on his phone again and continues the rest of the text.

'-hurry before someone does get hurt or something happens to Peter.'

"Aye, Ned. What are you doing?"

Ned started stuttering before giving an answer: "Oh, uh, I- I was just texting m-my mother."

Peter (or Venom) gave Ned a quizzical look: "Why do you sound so worried?"

MJ quickly but in: "His mother texted him saying that his father got sick and was rushed to the hospital."

"Oh, that must hurt. Sorry, Ned." Peter replied, taking a seat beside Ned.

Ned, feeling confused about the slightly kinder tone, replied: "Yeah, uh...it's okay. It's not that big of a deal, but they went to the hospital to make sure nothing really bad happens to him."