Chapter 2

" Wake up Ayala!" My mom yelled from downstairs. Today, my family and I are finally planning to move. Am I excited? No. Do I have a choice? No.

I got out of what was left of my plain mattress. Everything has been packed up, so my room is completely empty. The only thing left is a backpack in the corner of my room, containing things I couldn't send in the delivery truck. It simply had an outfit, a toothbrush,  body spray, my charger, Air pods, and some socks.

I quickly got ready. I went downstairs, and my mom stood in the kitchen making sure there was nothing else left. My brother was still in his room. Unlike me, he is incredibly excited to leave.

"Anthony hurry up!" Yelled my mom while I walked towards the window.

It was early, so the California sun was just rising.  Ugh, why do we have to leave, I thought as I stared outside. It was just my brother, my mom and I. She was a traveling nurse, so moving was normal. My real issue was that I genuinely enjoyed California, and it was one of the few places I was able to create lasting friendships since she was able to stay longer than usual. In my moms eyes, North Carolina was "perfect". My grandmother, aunt, cousins, and sister all resided in North Carolina, so my mom was excited.

"What's wrong baby"

"You know exactly what's wrong."

"Careful with the attitude."

I rolled my eyes and walked away as she called me back. I have always been more of the loner type. I get along with most people easily, but I try to not get attached. My mom told me to call an Uber, so that's exactly what I did. It would distract me enough while my brother got ready.

When we got to the airport, it was already 8:30. The flight was at 10, but my mom had a thing for being places early, or right on time. As we waited for our flight, I went to Dunkin Donuts to get a latte. I put in my Air pods in, and got aboard.

The flight landed about 5 hours later. I usually hate planes, but I napped on the way. As we walked out of the airport, my mom ordered an Uber. My mom found a home in Morrisville. It seemed pretty peaceful. It was a suburb in Raleigh. I still haven't seen the home, but to be honest, it didn't even matter. My mom is probably going to leave soon anyways. As we walked in, my jaw dropped. It was much bigger than my home back in California, or any other home come to think of it. It was a pretty normal home, with a nice backyard. Anthony and I usually play sports during the school year, so my mom try's to keep that in mind when she looks for homes. 

"Your room is upstairs Ayala." My mom said, noticing the look of surprise in my face.

"Okay." i responded quickly as I ran up the stairs.

Woah, I thought, as I looked into the room. It wasn't massive, but it was still enough to catch me by surprise. There was a massive bay window facing me, a walk-in closet, and a bathroom on the left side of the room. The setup was perfect. I completely left behind my thoughts of annoyance as I walked around the house, looking into rooms, and getting to know my new home.