Chapter 9

The next months passed quickly. We went on 3 more dates. Football season had started, so I went to most of his games. He still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, but I didn't pay much mind to it. Softball season had finally started, and I had finished volleyball season. We didn't win, but it didn't bother me as much. I even went to homecoming with him. Jordan has felt much better about his relationship with Camila. I think he's even moved on. I saw him the other day flirting with a girl named Natalie. She's a mutual who's in my gym class. Come to think of it, I never asked Camila what happened. So that's exactly what I did today.

I approached Camila in the locker room. She was talking to a girl named Leila, another mutual who seemed kind. I walked over calmly, only planning to ask her why. I honestly wasn't looking for trouble, I was just curious.

"Hey Cami." I said, smiling.

"Hey Aya" she responded. Leila realized that I wanted to talk to her separately, so she smiled awkwardly and walked away.

"Um, I know this might be out of the blue since it's been so long, but why did break up with Jordan. I won't tell him if you don't want me to, I'm just curious, you know."

She seemed to react differently than I thought she would. She tensed up, and began to look around. Her voice got low as she began to speak.

"Um, no it's fine. I just felt bad lying to him. I cared about him too much and it didn't feel right to be with him if my whole heart wasn't in it." she said uncomfortably.

"What do you mean lying." I asked, now confused.

"Well, please don't tell him this, but I cheated for a couple of months throughout the relationship. I didn't mean to, it kinda just happened, but then I didn't stop."

"Who did you cheat on him with though?" She became pale at this statement, and began to stare at me for a while before saying anything.

"Um, I rather not say. I got to go." she mumbled.

I was surprised by her response, but at least she was responsible, I guess? It isn't really my issue, but now I want to know. I should just forget about it. That's exactly what I did. I texted Jordan later that day and asked him to hang out. It's been a while, and it only felt right to catch up. Around 6:00 pm, he picked me up and we went to McDonalds.

"Soooooo....I saw you talking to Natalie." I began, smirking at him.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, do you have a crush on her?" I asked patiently.

"No, she's just annoying and I feel bad being rude." I giggled at his statement.

"What's funny?" He said with a smile.

"Bruh, you're leading her on." I said, now laughing.

"I-" He thought about what I said for a moment and took out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused.

"I'm unleading her."He said with a smile.

We both began to laugh. We got our food, and enjoyed each other's company. He invited me to one of his baseball games. I obviously accepted, and we continued to talk about everything. I found to being very easy to talk to him. We later planned a day for all of us to hang out, and he dropped me off. We were in his car in front of my house.

"So...who do you have your eye on then?" I asked, as I got ready to leave.

"Someone I don't have a chance with obviously."He said.

"Come on, how bad is it?"

"I would lose my friends." he said, looking me straight in the eyes. I smiled. I gave him a hug and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Then, you might want to get a new crush." I said patting his shoulder before getting up to leave. I turned around when I got to the door to see him staring at me, before buckling up and leaving.