Chapter 1 Stand Your Ground

COVER MADE BY: ladyarchangel74

Kagome never felt so alone in her life. She should never have gone to New Mexico to visit her cousin Darcy, but how was Kagome supposed to know that she would come face to face with a god; even if his powers were suppressed. And Kagome never thought that she and Thor would fall in love so quickly and make love before he went back to Asgard to deal with his brother.

And now here Kagome was back in Feudal Japan, alone and pregnant. Of course, Kagome didn't know she was pregnant when she jumped back into the Bone Eater's Well to go back to the Feudal Era to continue her search for the Jewel Shards. It was Sesshomaru who told her that she was pregnant.

Kagome threw her backpack over the side of the Bone Eater's Well then climbed out. It was a beautiful afternoon, and Kagome took a deep breath and sighed. It was bittersweet to be back in the Feudal Era. While Kagome missed her friends, she couldn't help feel a pain in her chest at the loss of Thor. He promised he would be back, but after feeling her connection with Thor being severed a few moments after Thor left, Kagome had to wonder if he had defeated his brother or not.

'Of course, Thor won. But something must have happened for him not to return to me,' Kagome thought as she walked towards the village of Edo.

As Kagome plodded her way towards the village, she suddenly heard a voice in the trees, "Oi, wench, what took you so long to return," Inuyasha growled out.

Kagome looked up, "I told you, I was going to go visit my cousin, Inuyasha, and she doesn't live in Japan. And I had explained I was going to be gone for a while, so GET OFF MY BACK BEFORE I SIT YOU!" Kagome yelled, causing Inuyasha to cower.

Kagome wasn't in the mood to listen to his shit. Thor had made her realize that she was worth something and was someone to be cherished, not talked down to. So Kagome decided she wasn't going to let Inuyasha talk down to her anymore.

"Alright, what the hell is wrong with you, wench?"

Kagome closed her eyes and clenched her fists, "SIT!" She screamed, and Inuyasha face planted from the topmost branch of the Goshinboku tree, leaving a sizable crater.

Kagome leaned over the hole, "Call me wench one more time, Inuyasha, and I will sit you until you reach hell," Kagome said then walked away.

Kagome reached the village and was met by the happy faces of Sango, Miroku, and Shippou. Kagome smiled brightly at her friends as they came rushing towards her, Shippou being the first to reach her, "Kagome! I'm so happy you're back!" Shippou yelled as he jumped into her arms.

"Shippou, I'm happy to see you too. Hello, Sango, hello, Miroku."

Sango smiled at her sister and hugged her, "Kagome, we're glad you're back."

"Yes, Lady Kagome, we're glad to see you back from your trip safe and sound," Miroku said as he eyed Kagome curiously. Miroku was sensing a change in Kagome's power, but he wasn't sure what it was. He'd have to watch her and see what changes had occurred to Kagome.

"Where's Inuyasha? He's been waiting by the well for weeks for you to return," Sango asked.

"Oh, that Baka made me mad, so I sat him; he should be coming along any minute now."

At that moment, Inuyasha lands in front of Kagome, "Hey W-" Kagome raised an eyebrow at him, "Kagome, why did you do that? I didn't do anything!"

"Look, Inuyasha, I'm tired of you treating me like dirt, okay? And I'm only going to tell you this once, if you insist on treating me this way, you can hunt for the jewel shards by yourself."