Chapter 6 Defeated

THIS CHAPTER HAS NOT BEEN BETA'D ANY MISTAKES ARE MY OWN.

Dozens of SHIELD agents escorted Loki, who is in handcuffs, smiling to his cell. As they pass the Hellicarrier lab, Banner stops working on the scepter and looks up. Loki eyed him as he walked by, nodding and smiling. Banner rubbed his head. Loki is now free from his cuffs and is contained in a large glass cell held by hydraulic rigs.

Fury walks up the control panel of the cell, “In case it's unclear. You try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass,” Fury presses a button that opened a hatch underneath Loki's cell. Loki peered as much as he can from the glass. The sounds of gusting wind can be heard and a straight drop.

“Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?!” Fury closes the hatch, “Ant, boot,” Fury said, motioning to Loki.

“It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me.”

“Built for something a lot stronger than you.”

“Oh, I've heard, The mindless beast makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?”

The conversation continues with the others listening from the observation deck. Once Fury left Loki, Bruce looked up at Thor, “He really grows on you, doesn't he?”

“Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?”

“He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract.”

“So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for.”

“Selvig?”

“He's an astrophysicist.”

“He's a friend, along with Jane Foster and Darcy Lewis…and-”

Thor cut himself off before he said anything about Kagome. The fewer people knew about his priestess, the better. If she wasn't involved, Thor wanted to keep it that way.

Natasha looked at Thor and raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was going to say, but Thor ignored her, “Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours.”

“I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here,” Steve stated.

“ I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats; you could smell crazy on him.”

“Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother.”

“He killed eighty people in two days,” Natasha told Thor.

“He's adopted.”

“ I think it's about mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for,” Bruce asked.

At that point, Stark came walking in, and he started talking about why Loki needed the Iridium. Thor was only half listening to what Stark and Bruce were talking about. He watched as Tony put some sort of bug on one of the consoles of the computers and kept talking. Then Fury came in and asked Stark to help Bruce locate the Tesseract. Meanwhile, Coulson pulled Thor aside.

“As soon as Loki took the doctor, we moved Jane Foster. We've got an excellent observatory in Traunsee. She was asked to consult there very suddenly yesterday. Handsome fee, private plane, very remote. She'll be safe.” Coulson paused, “We couldn't find Kagome. I sent some agents to her home. Thor, the shrine was on fire. The report said they found three bodies in the house. They had been killed before their bodies were burned.”