Chapter 7 The Battle of New York

Loki returned a few hours later and opened the door to Kagome's cell, "I see you have seen past my little illusion," Loki said motion towards the window that displayed a pleasant environment outside.

"Why would you do that," Kagome asked.

"I didn't want my priestess to become melancholy."

"I am not your priestess," Kagome said, standing as proudly as she could.

"No, you're Thor's, but as children, we used to share everything. I don't think he'll mind sharing you with me now."

"I seriously doubt that."

Loki laughed, "No, perhaps you're right. Nevertheless, it is time we departed."

"Where are we going, or do I need to ask?"

"It is time for my glorious conquer of Midgard, and to use you as bait."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"You do not seem upset."

"I'm used to it. You do realize you're not going to succeed. I will escape."

"I'm counting on it," Loki said, and a wave of magic hit Kagome and knocked her out, "You should keep Thor sufficiently distracted, enough to kill him," Loki said to himself.

Loki had the guard pick up Kagome and take her to the Quinjet, where Dr. Selvig and the portal were already waiting. They took off and headed to Stark Tower. When they arrived, Loki took Kagome inside the Tower and had Selvig set up the portal on the roof. From there, Loki was going to stage his attack. First New York, then the entire world.

Meanwhile, in the meadow where Thor landed, Thor sat on the ground, thinking about what Loki had told him. Could it be true? Could Kagome be pregnant with his child? A smile started to creep onto his face at thinking of Kagome round with his child. He could imagine holding his son or daughter in his arms and that they looked exactly like their mother, but with his eyes. The thought filled Thor with so much joy he felt his heart almost burst.

But then Thor frowned. His precious Kagome was in Loki's clutches, and Thor could only imagine what awful plans Loki had for his love and their child. If it was a girl, and if she had her mother's powers, Loki would claim her as his priestess, and he would obligate her to be bound to him. If it were a boy, more likely, Loki would kill him. Rage started to fill Thor at the thought of any harm coming to his child. He needed to find Kagome. Nothing was more important. Thor walks out far into the meadow. He looks down at Mjölnir. A blinding bolt of lightning strikes down from above, colliding on Mjölnir. The explosion is massive, and Thor is suited in his armor, ready for war.

Meanwhile, the other Avengers headed to New York; Tony figured out where Loki planned to open the portal to start his attack. They needed to get there and stop him before Loki can open it. Iron Man arrived first, where Selvig activated the CMS device, holding the Tesseract.

**Sir, I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self-sustained.**

"Shut it down, Dr. Selvig," Iron Man told him.

"It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe."

"Okay," Iron Man aims his hands toward the CMS and fires. The energy from his boosters shattered with a loud crack! Selvig falls backward. Iron Man stared in disbelief at the CMS ... unharmed.

**The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable. The Mark VII is not ready to be deployed.**

"Skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock."