Chapter 1

3rd Person POV

"Ugh..." Komaru groans lightly as she stirs awake. She immediately closed her eyes as light entered them, causing minor discomfort as they had adjusted to the darkness behind her own eyelids, but eventually Komaru reopened her eyes, finally being able to handle the bright light coming from the ceiling.

"H-Huh…" Komaru sits up and stares down at the bed she was laying in. She was confused as to how she arrived at this unfamiliar room, but if there was one thing that relaxed her mind was that Kei was lying next to her, her light snoring showing that she was still alive after the crash. However, it was still concerning that she had bandages wrapped around her arms and around the sides of her head, probably because of the injuries she received beforehand in the crash. Even the cut on her arm from the restaurant was properly bandaged now.

Komaru breathes a huge sigh of relief knowing that they're both okay. At least for now that is...

"Looks like you've finally awoken. That's good. Are you doing okay though?" A mysterious voice questions Komaru.

Komaru's head immediately snaps towards the direction of the voice, which is near the door of the room, and her eyes lock on to two different people. The fact that she had no idea who they were makes Komaru feel fear well up in her entire body.

"You look completely exhausted." The boy with fluffy white hair points out.

"Wh-Who are you?" Komaru questions him.

"Me? Oh, my name's not really important. After all..."

"...I'm just a lowly servant." The man tells her with a weirdly happy look despite what he just said.

"Well... I don't know if lowly is the right word, but I suppose servant would make sense for you nowadays..." The other person says to the servant with a tired sigh, his head tilting to the side as he looks over to Komaru.

"But it's true. I look even more worthless when standing next to a symbol of true hope like yourself. Such a cruel fate I've been dealt..." The Servant shakes his head in disappointment.

"This again..." The other man sighs, shaking his head. However, he decided to just drop the topic. He knows better than most that trying to argue with the Servant on this won't go anywhere.

"U-Uh... Well... Wh-Who are you....?" Komaru pointed at this other strange person.

"...I'd rather not tell you my name for now, I don't want you spilling it to other people. Especially that girl." The man says as his eyes wandered towards Kei. "The other one too, I really don't wanna deal with her." He mentions with a pretty bothered expression.

"Other one....?" Komaru questions him, not knowing who he could be talking about.

"You'll figure it out soon enough. At least that's what I understand from Mr. Servant's explanation of his plan. Anyways, if you wish to refer to me by anything, I wouldn't mind if you called me The Observer. That is what I'm here to do after all. At least when it comes to you two." The Observer explains to Komaru.

"...." Komaru doesn't respond as she shifts uncomfortably. It looks as if she might cry again.

"You seem a little scared. That is to be expected though. No normal person like yourself wouldn't be terrified of a situation like this." The Observer assures her.

"Yeah, it really is awful here. I had heard before that this place would be safe to take refuge in, but then the riots..." The Servant trails off as he sighs.

"And on top of that, I get captured by them. I've seriously got no luck at all.
But, because I pleaded for my life, they allowed me to live... as their servant." The Servant explains to Komaru.