Chapter 4

3rd Person POV

"Well, at least we've finally gotten out of that trashy hotel..." Toko mutters as the three of them walk through the tattered streets. Everywhere they look, dried blood and rotting bodies can be seen. Even if they look away, they'll just see a separate set of bodies. The sight is enough to make anyone gag.

"Why do those kids have to do such cruel things...?" Komaru asks as tears threaten to fall from her eyes. Fortunately, she is able to compose herself just enough to prevent any sobbing.

"They probably don't have a real reason. From what I can tell, they're just doing it for fun." Toko tells the girl, which only makes it more difficult for her to not cry.

"They're doing something like this...for fun? What are these kids...?" Kei asks as she stares at the ground.

"When I got here, they were already wearing those helmets and marching in the streets. Killing the adults...and bringing Monokumas with them like a parade..." Toko shudders as she recalls the memory.

"Why do they hate the adults...?" Komaru asks Toko

"L-Like I said, I have no idea! I'm just as confused as you are! Stop asking me about every little thing!" Toko shouts at Komaru.

"Jeez... You don't have to be so angry..." Komaru mutters quietly.

"I-It's because you nag just like those brats!" Toko tells her.

"I think I see the bridge right over there you guys. So quit arguing like babies or I'll throw you into the river!" Kei threatens the two as she points towards what looks like the bridge needed to escape this island.

"We're so close...! We'll finally get off of this insane island!" Komaru cheers as she starts heading up to the actual bridge with a noticable skip in her step.

"That's great, we'll finally be out of this town. But... I never even saw him once..." Kei mutters as she looks down at the hacking gun she's holding in her hands.

"I wonder what happened to that Byakuya guy too..." She wonders to herself. Eventually, she decides to ignore her thoughts and follows after Komaru and Toko, who are already several steps ahead.

****

"We did it, Guys! Just a little more! We're going to be alright!" Komaru says as she and the other two reach the bridge.

"I wonder... if it will really end this easily..." Toko murmurs

"...Huh?" Komaru exclaims

"I-I have a bad feeling about this... This bridge has...a dangerous scent..." Toko tells her

"Are you sure you're not just catching your own scent?" Kei asks her

"Heeey! You two girls over there!" A somewhat masculine voice calls out to the three

"A new person!" Kei exclaims as she and the others turn around to see a dark skinned, brown haired boy running towards them.

When the boy reaches the three of them, he immediately takes notice of Komaru and Kei's wristbands

"You three... You don't seem to be with those kids. That means...you're on my side, right? Right?" The strange boy asks them.

"Huh? Uh...yeah." Komaru answers him with a cautious tone in her voice.

"Man, it's been forever since I've seen a normal person! I'm so happy!" The boy exclaims with a cheerful expression as he grabs onto Komaru's hand and almost violently shakes it.

"I hate this kind of guy... Just walkin' up and talking to a girl like it was nothing!" Toko grumbles as she watches the scene unfold before her.

"Ah... I think this handshake is over now..." Kei mutters as she pulls Komaru and the boy away from each other before grabbing onto Komaru's hand.