Chapter 3

3rd Person POV

"We're finally out. But... where are we now?" Komaru asks as the three exit the hospital. She looked around the area but couldn't really tell.

"Wh-What!? You don't know? Don't you live in this city?" Toko asks her.

"Well... we were actually just imprisoned. We didn't even know where we were until Mr Byakuya helped us escape." Kei explains to her while Komaru nods her head.

"Imprisoned, huh? Th-That's an interesting backstory..." Toko mutters.

"Wait... how did you even know we were living in this town?" Komaru asks her.

"...Huh?"

"And while I'm at it, this has been on my mind for a while. You said something when we first met... You said, "You must be Komaru Naegi." And, you knew Kei's name too. Toko... How did you know about us?" Komaru continues to press Toko for information, which just annoys the girl

"D-Don't get all detective mode on me out of nowhere! You've caught me off guard!" Toko angrily points at her.

"Well, I think we deserve to know... at least a little." Komaru mutters.

"Yeah! If you don't tell us, I'll…" Kei pauses as she thinks of a threat. "I'll take pictures of you naked and threaten to show everyone at your school the photos to make sure you don't disobey me again!"

"What the hell kind of threat is that!?" Toko scowls. "Y-You're giving me bad memories…"

"Did that happen to you before?" Kei questions her with a concerned expression.

"No! At least, they weren't photos of me naked…" Toko sighs.

"E-Either way…" Komaru mutters not wanting to get into that. "Isn't a threat like that a bit intense?" She asks Kei.

"Is that… not a common threat? I heard it a lot." Kei claimed.

"No, not even close…" Komaru sighs.

"...tch." Kei looks off to the side as her expression darkens. "So he was a creep…" She whispers to herself.

"Huh? What was that?" Komaru tilts her head.

"Nothing! Now come on and explain yourself, Toko!" Kei loops the conversation back to Toko.

"I-It's not some big secret or anything. On the helicopter ride over, Master Byakuya mentioned you two and..." Toko begins

"Helicopter? You mean Future Foundation's? You're a member of Future Foundation?!" Komaru asks, cutting her off.

"W-Well, I'm more like an… intern. That's why I don't have my own uniform yet..." Toko admits.

"Ahh, that's why you aren't in a suit... and you're wearing a school uniform." Komaru realizes

"S-Such a cheap-ass organization, they could've at least given me a uniform!" Tomo scoffs. "Ugh, when will I finally get to change out of this old ratty thing?"

"You only have that one uniform, huh?" Komaru asks

"At least it looks nice." Kei adds

"Yeah, this is the only thing I have, but... I'll endure it for a little bit longer… because I made a promise with Master. He said... if I can prove I can control her, I get to be an official member. Shin already calls me an honorary member, and I know Byakuya has to feel the same way... hehehe..." Toko giggles hysterically as her imagination starts running wild. She even makes oinking noises every once in a while.

Komaru and Kei stare at her with disgusted expressions. The both of them take a couple steps away from her as she finally snaps out of her daze.

"Huh? Wh-What's with that l-look on your face? Did I really look that w-weird?" Toko looked down as she waited for their answer.