Time

This chapter is written on a memory Kaori is re-experiencing so don't be confused. It's a flashback.

TW: mentions of kidnap; physical abuse; death; and slight mentions of non-consensual sex of a minor (this part will not be very descriptive)

Feel free to pm me or comment if you don't wish to read this chapter and I will summarize it for you so that you don't get lost Xx

______________________________________________________________________
Kaori's PoV:

It was cold, and dark when I woke up.

I looked around me, my vision blurred by the blood trickling from my forehead and into my eyes. I was scared, and had no idea where I was. My father wasn't with me either, but I vaguely remember him being there when they took me...

When everything went wrong...

I closed my eyes again, my small frame barely taking up half of the chair I was in. Was this some sort of joke? Training exercise? I didn't know. But what I did know, is that an eight year old girl should not be in this position. Tears slid from my eyes, bypassing my attempts to hold them back. "If you look scared, they will take advantage of that." My fathers words came into my mind and I took a deep breath.

Footsteps sounded and I opened my eyes slowly. One by one, 5 men entered the room. "Isn't she cute," one mocked. I tried to move but my hands were secured to the chair with cable ties, and I knew better than to use my quirk, as it wasn't allowed. I now noticed my sister next to me.

One of the men walked over to me, kneeling down. "What we want from you is very simple little girl. Want to know what it is so you can go home?" He asked sweetly. Maybe he wasn't so bad. I nodded, words unable to release themself from my throat.

"We need the password to your daddy's laptop. He keeps a lot of cool stuff on there, and my friends and I would love to have a look at it."

At these words, my throat tightened. My sister was older than me, and knew what they meant. I knew my dads password because I use his laptop for study stuff, but he told me never to tell anyone what it was. I shook my head at the man, who frowned and sighed. "I guess we have no use for you then..." he murmured, turning around.

The next all happened so fast...

I could remember hands, grabbing me. Someone hitting me. I know that someone had pulled out a knife at some point and left marks all over my body. Someone else had started to touch me... but that wasn't the most prominent memory. No, what I remembered most clearly of all...

Was that I couldn't do anything about it...

I floated in and out of consciousness, unaware of how bad things were about to get. I refused to tell them anything. I called out for my mom and dad multiple times. For Uncle Hizashi, or Aunt Chiyo. For someone... anyone... to hear me. To save me...

But no-one came...

I was so young, and naïve. I pointed at my sister. "I don't know it. She doesn't either!" I yelled at him. He grinned at me. "You really shouldn't tell lies..." he whispered.

TW:

I was pushed, dragged, hit, shoved, cut. I lost track of the 5 men, now seeing nothing but blurry images and outlines of human figures. My sister just tried to reassure me that it would all be okay. I watched the world fade from my view as one of the men slid a knife across her throat. All I heard was her drop to the floor before I was dragged away.

In an instant I was on a bed, stripped of my clothing and other belongings. "S-someone... p-please..." My voice was too soft for even the men to hear me. I heard the click of a belt buckle being undone before everything went dark again.

When I finally came too it was pitch black, and I could hear sirens of police cars nearby. "DAD?! UNCLE HIZASHI?! MOM?!" I cried out. A man approached me, a glare on his face. He leaned down to my level. "Shut up you little brat!" He yelled, drops of saliva finding their way onto my face.

He raised his fist, ready to strike. The smirk on his face was the last thing I saw. "Don't worry. If you do wake up, you won't remember me." I felt his knuckles connect with the side of my head. I called out for my dad one last time. That was the last thing I remember.

Hospital:

I woke up, my eyes taking in the light around me. I was tired, but other than that, my body seemed alright now. I looked around the room I was in, seeing my mother asleep on a chair in the corner, and my father with his head resting against my knee.

My body felt stiff, and I was blissfully unaware of my surroundings. The room was white, and the curtains were drawn. I shifted, and my father woke up. He looked at me, eyes wide, before tears ran down his face. I felt terrible! Why was he crying?! What did I do...

He pulled me into a hug, my mother rushing over to join us. They were both in tears. I was so confused... until I noticed the tubes connected to my arm. Where was I... a hospital?

I stood up shakily, my legs no longer used to the feeling of gravity. My father hugged me again, whilst my mother called a doctor. I didn't recognize myself though. I thought that I was, well, shorter. I wasn't this thin before either.

The doctors look was solemn, and so serious that the tension could have been cut with a knife.

I looked to my mother for support as the doctor gestured for us to sit down. We all complied and I looked at them eagerly. The doctor looked to my dad. "You have to tell her..." he whispered. I frowned. Tell me what?

I'm probably in a LOT, of trouble...

My mother ran from the room, openly sobbing. Well damn I must have done something really bad this time...

"Kaori, sweetheart please don't freak out." He started. I nodded, waiting to hear my punishment. "You remember what happened?" He asked me softly. I shook my head. "There were bad men, that took you away. And they..." he paused to take a breath. "They hurt you"

I frowned. Well that wasn't what I was expecting. Though it didn't explain why the heck I was in the hospital. Hurt me how?! What happened...? Where was Aira? Was she okay?!

I saw a photograph on the bedside table. My parents were dressed in all black, and my fathers hair was combed back. That wasn't normal. He never got dressed up. And that's when it hit me. Black attire, formal wear, and my sister wasn't here.

Funeral...

I felt tears spring to my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I picked up a pen and wrote down 3 words. "Where is she." At this, his eyes filled with tears. "She's gone Kaori..." he whispered. How dare they do this?! "HOW COULD YOU HAVE A FUNERAL WITHOUT ME?!" I wrote, tears flowing down the sides of my face.

"Honey... you were in a coma..."

My tears stopped immediately and I went paler than the white walls.

"For the past 2 years..."

______________________________________________________________________

Ooo we be gettin spicy. So now y'all know why Kaori doesn't talk. She blames herself, because it is her belief that if she hadn't said something, her sister wouldn't have been killed.

Sorry if this chapter was too deep or not deep enough. I tried XD

Anywhoooo hope y'all enjoyed. Please leave any feedback in the comments so that I may create a more pleasant reading experience.

That's all for now! Stay safe :)

~Kai