𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 TW

𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙪𝙣𝙠𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 TW

TW: depression, self-harm, attempted suicide

in no way am i trying to romanticise mental health, it should always be taken seriously no matter the circumstance. this is based off of a personal experience.

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 +

flashback...

y/n had suffered with depression for a long time, she didn't talk about it much, she was a private person. she kept her issues between her and her therapist.

nobody ever suspected it, nobody could look past the fake smiles and jokes. she was a master of disguise. even at her lowest points she hid everything perfectly.

but the past eight months she had found someone who had kept her spark going.

vinnie.

vinnie hacker had walked into her life and brought her some of the happiest memories and moments shes ever had. he gave her a reason to get out of bed every morning and carry on with her life.

y/n hadn't felt true happiness for years until vinnie. and
vinnie felt the same way about her.

y/n had opened vinnie's eyes and made him see the true beauty of loving someone, and he loved y/n more than words could explain.

but sometimes even the person who brings you the most happiness can't save you, because you're too far gone.

y/n's shaky hands grabbed the anti-depressants from the bathroom cupboard, before slumping her weak body onto the floor. she shuffled up against the bath, leaning her back against it.

y/n woke up this morning and decided she couldn't deal with it anymore, she couldn't deal with the depression, she couldn't deal with the anxiety and deep self-hatred she grew for herself over the years. she was done.

she didn't write any notes, she didn't leave any tapes or voice recordings. she wasn't like that, she just wanted to die, she didn't want to go through the pain of leaving things for people. she hadn't the energy to do so.

she fumbled with the pill bottle, throwing the lid onto the floor beside her. her eyes momentarily glanced down to her phone, revealing her lock screen, a photo of her kissing vinnie's cheek, huge smiles on both of their faces.

she scrunched her eyes shut, choking back a sob.

she poured some pills into her hand, around 12 sitting there. her hands shook as she dropped the half full bottle onto the floor, the sound of the plastic crashing filled the silence in the air.

she took one last breath moving her shaky hand towards her mouth before a sound from beside her made her jump slightly. her eyes slowly looked down to her phone to see a photo of vinnie and her flashing across her screen with his name. she gulped, picking up the phone with her free hand and swiping across to answer.

"hello?", she answered, biting back a sob.

"hey angel i'm outside if you could let me in? i left the spare key you gave me at home and didn't realise i left it until i pulled up," vinnie chuckled.