Explanation

Omg I'm so sorry I actually forgot to write this on the author's note (bec I'm such a dumbass) but about the explanation of how things became how they have been in the end, here it is (to which I have also written in the comment section but I'll still write it here anyway) :

Uh, actually, people who leave the train can never remember what really happened when they were there; when they wake up again or they're finally in their next life, they forget everything and only remnants of what happened will be remembered — like when you have a dream at night and you forget it the next morning. You know you have a dream, you just can't remember what it was about.

Amane came back bec Nene did pray for him; I just didn't write it so I could surprise you guys (although it wasn't really much of a surprise bec they need to be happy in the end hahybshs ngl)

When he wrote his real name on her palm on Chapter 28, it stayed, even when she finally woke up and even forgot about everything that was relevant to the train and everyone she met there. I made it stay because, how else will she know and remember him if he has no remembrance to her? ;-;

The settings I chose for each and every character were related towards their stories, in some kind of way:

Kou and Teru were soldiers, and as they were like that, I felt like a meadow would be very nice for them since they have spent too much time, with sceneries of blood, war, famine and death — that he became afraid if this was also what they were going to see, even after their deaths. I want to remind them that while peace is something that you fight for, with your whole life on the line, it is still worth it — especially when you finally see it gone and people are finally happy.

For Mei, I think the rain was nice for her. The rain holds a lot of emotions inside (that is what I think abt her too), and even if it may only sometimes release just small amount of raindrops, it still holds significance, that makes something grow. Her paintings may be seen by only oblivious people by then, but when they reach the eyes and ears of a wise person, they will know. They'll just know.

For Aoi's part, the calm and blue sea (like that of Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away), I thought that making the sea there just calm and collected would make her want to be like the sea. She suffers from anxiety and her mind can be something really complicated because of her anxiousness about certain things, what with the pressure from her parents and the loneliness she feels.

Sakura's setting was the forest, because of what I had already wrote — it was the last thing in her mind as she sunk away into the cold and deep ocean, into the depths of the unknown.

Mitsuba's setting was something I thought randomly (I'm sorry) because I thought that oh, I haven't really wrote a setting about something too impossible and just went with it.

And so, if you guys still have any questions that I didn't write about here, please do ask me uwu thank you so much again!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍. ʜᴀɴᴀꜱʜɪʀᴏ 🎉