-nineteen-

dream was let in through the gates without hesitation by a man even taller than him.

While in the kingdom, he was always referred to as Clay. Except for Tommy, he thought it was more interesting to call him Dream.

Tommy tagged along next to Dream as they were escorted through the stone castle halls. Their castle was much different from George's. Theirs was made of ashen rock and polished mineral, George's was made of glossy marble and white granite.

It wasn't every day the castle got a visitor, especially one that Tommy enjoyed. He was starting to get bored of browbeating the employees.

"So, Tommy, how's prince life been treating you?" Dream asked, trying to put on a cheerful face, which would have been much easier if he had been wearing his mask. Nevertheless, it was pleasant to not have to wear it in the kingdom.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "Treating me like shit, I hate it here. Why can't a man just get his hands on dynamite without getting shrieked at?"

Dream burst out laughing as the guards escorting them tensed up. "What in the world did you do, Tommy!?"

Classic Tommy, doing everything in his power to entertain himself in the most bizarre ways possible.

The guards opened the extravagant doors to the dining hall where the king and queen were standing, arranging the table for lunch together while two chefs brought out covered platters. It already had a much more untroubled and even a more heavenly feeling compared to George's family.

The dining hall had gigantic stained glass windows with imagery of knighted steeds and dragons that lined the parallel walls, casting cerulean and golden light to the quartz floors.

A tall, curly brown-haired man looked up from ordering a set of utensils and instantly grinned radiantly. He nudged the blonde-haired woman next to him, who finished pouring ice water into a pristine glass and turned her attention to Dream. They both hurried over to greet him, smiles wide.

Dream hugged them both. It had been a long time since he had last seen the family. Wilbur and Niki. Their kingdom was such a pleasure to be in again.

"What brings you here, Clay? Wilbur inquired, sending a joking, warning glare towards Tommy when he saw him sneaking a bread roll from the table before lunchtime. He thought he was being slick about it.

"Um, something quite serious, actually. I need help very desperately. I got myself into a situation that I'd do anything to get out of and I can't do it alone."

Niki's face turned to a concerned frown. "Clay, would you like to stay for lunch? We can talk for as long as you need, I'm sure you're starving if you walked all this way."

Dream nodded; he couldn't remember the last time he had a full meal. Generosity was something that never ran low in the Soot kingdom.

---

Tommy was sat next to Dream while Wilbur and Niki convened across from them.

"Tom, what do I have to remind you about every single day? Why do you insist on bringing your weird sword to every meal?" Wilbur facepalmed, questioning his son greatly. Niki just giggled.

Wilbur and Niki were the adoptive co-parents of Tommy. They ruled the kingdom as best friends and did a splendid job of taking care of the castle and the small village.

"Father dearest, it is my enchanted diamond sword with entirely maxed out stats. It has fire aspect, I cannot let it get into the hands of anybody... suspicious," Tommy responded in a skeptical manner, shooting a glare towards a guard standing near the door, his "diamond" sword protected in his arms. The guard immediately looked away in alarm. It was apparent they were all terrified of him.

Wilbur was beyond confused but allowed his son to express himself in the ways he desired regardless.

"So, Clay, about your situation," Niki started, "what happened?" It was a great way to shift the attention away from Wilbur and Tommy's conversation.

Dream took a sip of his water, his body quickly feeling more refreshed. "It's... a long story, if you're willing to listen. In short, I basically misjudged something by a longshot and can't finish a responsibility I promised I would," he paused, "I need to save somebody but once it's evident that I'm trying to do that, our lives will be on the line. I have a plan, but I can't do it without assistance... and I was hoping you guys could help."

Tommy immediately shot up, sword in hand, spilling his can of Coca-Cola in the process. "Can I help!?"

Aware of the fact it would be too dangerous to involve Tommy, Dream looked to Wilbur and Niki, silently pleading that they'd decline.

Wilbur was about to say no after noticing the doubt in Dream's eyes, but Niki smiled and allowed it to all three of their surprise. Seeing Tommy so passionate about something other than causing unintentional emotional harm to the castle staff was astounding. "Tommy, you can help with as much as Clay allows you to, understood? Whenever he says it's time for you to return, please listen."

Tommy jumped up in excitement, sparkling smiles all around. Niki turned her gaze to Wilbur. "Wil, I'm going to put Jack down to nap. Make sure Tommy doesn't spill anything else. It was lovely seeing you again, Clay! Please do catch me up on what exactly you need in a bit," her lovely grin flashed as she gently waved goodbye, taking her plate with her.

Brown eyes turned to Tommy, who instantly froze, fearing he was in trouble. "Tom, I'm going to have an adult talk with Clay. Please go elsewhere and please don't repeat last night's incident. I'm practically begging you, Tommy," Wilbur pleaded.

The teenager rolled his eyes and sighed. "Adult talk? What is that supposed to mean? Wil, I'm seventeen, I'm nearly an adult. I'm involved too, can't I come?"

The king took a deep breath to regain his composure. "Thomas, we'll talk later." Full name meant seriousness. Tommy reluctantly gave in and headed away after soaking up his sticky spilled coke, two bread rolls in one hand and his "diamond sword" in the other.

Wilbur proceeded to lead Dream to the upstairs balcony for privacy as they talked.