The Holy Bride

Last night was kind of exhausting. Turning into devil mode took its toll upon my body, but it was seriously awesome. I even got to kill one of that bystander of a God's lackeys. Meggido was it? He was seriously stupid.

Gramps helped me up as I just woke up and was having trouble to stand. Somehow, his touch rejuvinated my body and I was finally able to. I looked out my shattered window then at the mess we caused; when I looked up, I saw a large hole in the roof, I looked down at our front yard, a seven-foot crater marked its center, and some burnt trees.

A glint from the crater caught my attention, Meggido's axe was still lay on its sides, stupidly left behind by his allies so I thought, 'Finders keepers' his loss. I chuckled. I feel really demonic today.

I went downstairs with Gramps to get it. At the foot of the stairs, I saw my parents ordering our phantasmal servants around as they fixed up the place. I still never get used to them bustling around the house whenever my parents call them.

I looked at my soul counter, only two souls left. Figures...I just got killed last night...

A heavy hand patted the top of my head. I looked up and saw that it was my muscular cousin, Marco Icfer holding a couple of wooden beams on his shoulders. He smiled, "How are you my favorite infernal cousin?" boomed his husky voice. I smiled and brushed his hand off my head, "Nice to see you too Marco...didn't know you were coming..." I replied.

He dropped the beams on the floor,"Well you need all the help you can get to do it..." he retorted, "It?" I wondered. He chuckled and handed me a set of clothes, "Here a present. This might cover you up...they wouldn't suspect you one bit if you wear this..." he said.

Odd. Why would he give me clothes? I just thanked him and went on my merry way.

I passed by the living room which was a total mess, wood and debris were scattered all-over the place. Of course I forgot all about Gramps accompanying me until dad suddenly greeted the two of us with a humble bow.

"Good morning Grand Father...and to you Lucifer. How was your rest?" my dad inquired, "Good!" replied Gramps, "Bad..." I replied.

"Now why would your rest be bad my son?" asked my mother in a gentle voice as she walked in from the kitchen. I crossed my arms, "First of all, last night I had to fight God's stupid underlings, in which by the way, I was killed. If not for the soul counter, I would still be, and the god awful stench of ghastly corpses lurking about...so yeah I didn't get enough rest..." I replied.

My mother chuckled, "Well I'm sorry for the inconvinience my son." she went up to me and ruffled my hair, "In any case , you're alright. Go eat your breakfast on the table..." she chided and went outside.

This is kinda strange...why the sudden cheery atmosphere? I tried to read their minds but so far all I got were furniture arrangements and complaints for a deathly pay raise.

I sighed. Its pointless to read their minds...so much has happened I bet they just want to forget all about it.

The grandfather clock rang its bell. I remembered that I still had classes today. I better get ready already...

A few minutes later...

"Mom! I'm heading out now!" I said at the doorway. I heard her japanese send-off, "ittarashai!" and I quickly ran off, grabbing Meggido's vermillion axe while I was at it.

******

A few minutes later...

At school...

Well, here I am again, skipping class in the rooftop. Michael was absent today. Which was good. I had the whole roof to myself. I lay down on the floor while looking at the bright blue sky but suddenly a face blocked my view.