『𝔻𝕖𝕦𝕩』

Enjoy a short chapter! I'm not really sure if I can publish more to enter the #ShawRocketFundContest but oh well (If the judges are reading this, this and future chapter are not part of the 1500 word entry.)

This chapter is edited but I'm a shit editor, feel free to correct any mistakes!

As the clock ticks 7:30, Amy hears a knock at the door.

"Coming!" Ethan hears a voice before the door swings open revealing a bright-eyed Amy.

"Hi, Ethan. What's up?"

Ethan hesitates, then in one motion he shoves the box of snicker doodle cookies he made into Amy's grasp and bows his head "Please don't tell Jamie!"

Amy pauses in confusion before she realizes what Ethan is talking about.

"Ethan, come inside."

Ethan nods awkwardly and follows Amy into the kitchen as she packs her lunch.

Ethan debates in his mind on running away or staying. Ultimately, he decides to stay (actually, he decides to leave, his feet just aren't listening to him today.)

"Please don't tell Jamie! I'll do anything! I can do your homework, I can make you food, I can wash your car, I can make you milkshakes, I can find you a cat-"

Amy cuts the trembling boy off by swinging around quickly. "Wow, calm down. Why would I want you to do my homework? I don't want that."

"Well then what do you want? I can also make muffins, brownies, omelettes, sushi, tacos, lattes, donuts, wing, soup, dumplings, wait no, never mind. I can make perogies though -"

"I want to help you."

Wait, what?

"Why would you help me?" Ethan asks slowly, his head cocking to the side.

Amy just finishes her lunch and heads to her car, the small boy following behind her like a lost puppy.

"Here, hop in."

Ethan nods meekly and slips into the passenger seat.

They ride in silence until Amy suddenly asks; "How would you confess to Jamie?"

Ethan blushes as he's caught off guard by the question.

He coughs and with a bit of difficulty, spits out; "I was just planning on dying alone, why?"

Amy laughs at her companion's actions "Because you are going to ask Jamie out this weekend."

"Who, me? No! My body can't take that stress I-"

"Why? Would you pass out?" Amy asks jokingly, cutting Ethan off in an attempt to calm him down

"Yes!"

The two banter back and forth as Amy pulls into the school parking lot.

"Just think about it, ok?"

And with that, they both head to class.

Ethan can't help but wonder about Amy's advice how would he confess to Jamie?

"Hi, Jamie"

"Hi, Ethan."

"Hi."

And then he would proceed to have a heart attack.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Ethan grumbles frustratingly, unable to create with a scenario where Jamie doesn't reject him, or Ethan doesn't pass out.