Prologue

💜

Nao placed a hand on her chest and said," We did it... Sara..." I looked at her and asked my voice lowering down to almost a whisper," Nao..?" The artist student took her hand off her chest and held it at her side.

She looked at me and asked," Do you remember the conditions for the sacrifice to win...? The sacrifice wins... even if it's a tie for first." Keiji looked shocked as realization must've hit him, Nao continued what she was saying," Now, Sou has three votes... Kanna has three votes... And... as the sacrifice, I can vote for myself twice. If you vote for me that's three votes for everyone...! I can win by a tie for first!"

Q-Taro looked bewildered as he asked in shock," Say what?!" Nao once again placed her hand in her chest and said in a calming tone," Let's return home together, Sara..." I didn't know what to say so I was quiet at that. Gin's eyes widened in fear as he questioned," Big sis Sara!! You wouldn't do that right...?!" I didn't answer him as I looked on my tablet screen. The chosen four to vote for was there. 

I took a deep breath before clicking on Nao's picture and confirming the vote. I wanted to leave... No.. I needed to leave. It displayed the results of Kanna, Shin, and Nao being tied for first. Nao smiled out of relief as she said," Thank you so much... Sara?" Gin's eyes widened in shock as he said to me," No way!! Big sis Sara?! You betrayed us, meow?!" I couldn't look, or answer him. Q-Taro had an empty laugh as he spoke," Ha... haha... Can't be serious.. You wouldn't."  

Reko snapped saying," What the hxll Sara?! Aren't we allies...?!" Keiji stayed silent as he looked as he was trying to process what's going on. Shin had to talk some sense into him," This is... reality, Keiji. The strong will tell you... "I'm your ally"... "Don't be afraid, trust me"... And in the end they'll betray you!! At the convenience and whims of the strong...! The weak will die!! Well? Learned a little something about how uneasy a weakling always feels...?" Kanna stayed quiet.

'I'm sorry... everyone.. I'm so sorry... I've gotten tired.. I don't want to die... I just want to go home... I don't want to play this death game anymore... Even if it costs you your lives... So.. Goodbye..' I thought as a red flashed before my eyes. There's no salvation. Tearfully, Safalin carried out exacting executions one after another. I couldn't focus, it was hard hearing the struggling and screams, I was trying to block them out. It failed, Keiji, Kanna, Shin, Reko, Q-Taro....and Gin.. I felt awful.

"...Sara..." Nao spoke softly as she embraced me, tears running down her face. "Don't cry, Sara. From now on... I'll always be with you... When we get home... I'll make you delicious meals... We'll sleep soundly... bathe in the morning sun... go on walks together... Let's live happily for everyone... ... It's okay... I'll bear this cross." she said, stroking my hair slowly. I hugged her back, gripping the back of her shirt sobbing. She held me as we slowly slid to the floor, her still speaking to me in a soft tone," You did nothing wrong, Sara... You did nothing wrong... You did nothing wrong... Sara... You did nothing wrong..."

I slowly fell asleep in her arms with her still continuing to comforting me.

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Things to know: Purple heart is Sara's point of View and A paintbrush is Nao's point of view.  Also this is really just her ending