Twenty Two

Draco is going to be here soon. I thought as I checked the clock and felt the knot in my stomach twist. I got up off my bed and made my way over to my desk, straightening the small pile of books I'd received from Harry for Christmas. Yesterday had dragged on, the day itself was nice, Christmas was always a lot of fun and usually the day would fly by, but all I could think about was today and how in just 45 minutes, Draco was going to be here.

I spotted his letter and unfolded it once again, reading over his words.

Merry Christmas beautiful.

I’m sorry about yesterday, I hope we didn’t ruin your day. I’ve told Parkinson to mind her own business.

I’d love to stay tomorrow night, if that’s okay with you. Be sure to thank your parents for me.

See you at 2

I love you

Draco

I cast a glance at the clock on my bedside table and felt my stomach tighten even more. 1:18pm. I folded the paper back up and shoved it into one of my drawers before straightening up the quilt on my bed. I’d stacked and restacked the books on my shelf before I realised what I was doing. Get a hold of yourself, Hermione. I thought fiercely and turned my back on the shelf, making my way out of my room before I could fuss over anything else.

“Tea?” Mum was relaxing on the lounge with the book I'd given her yesterday.
“Thanks, sweetheart.” She murmured as I picked up her empty cup and made us both a fresh one. I glanced at the clock as I handed it back to her. 1:42pm.
I sat down on one of the chairs and sipped on my drink as I tapped my leg.
“Hermione.” Mum said after a moment, closing her book.
“Yes?” I asked and she just stared pointedly at my leg. “Oh, sorry.”
“He’ll be here soon, don’t be so anxious.”
“I’m not anxious.” I said, crossing my legs so they would stop shaking, I took a long sip of my tea, hoping that Mum wouldn’t press the subject.

The doorbell rang then and I froze, glancing up at the clock for the tenth time. He’s early. “Well?” Mum laughed lightly. I felt my cheeks burn as I got up to open the door.
The pit in my stomach loosened as soon as I saw him, his cloak wrapped tightly around him, his cheeks and nose red from the cold and his hair tousled, looking messy and so perfect.
“Hi.” I breathed with a grin pulling at my lips as I stepped aside to let him in.
“Hey,” he smiled back, giving me a kiss on the cheek as he stepped inside. His nose was cold and felt freezing against my flushed skin. “Where should I put this?” He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts as he moved his cloak out of the way to reveal his broomstick.
“You can just leave it here for now and then we can take it upstairs a bit later.” I murmured, motioning to the bench. He nodded and took off his cloak too, laying it over the broom on the bench, I smiled at him and took hold of his hand as I lead the way into the other room.
“Mum, Dad.” I murmured, “this is Draco.”
I watched as Mum beamed and stood up to shake Draco’s hand. “It’s so nice to finally meet you, Draco.” She said, her grin widening. “I’m Monica.”
“It’s lovely to meet you as well.” Draco smiled such a sweet smile that I had to stop myself from throwing my arms around him. I can’t believe he’s actually here. “Mr Granger.” he said as Dad stepped forward to shake his hand.
“Call me Wendell.” Dad smiled, “would you like a drink? You must be thirsty. Hermione was telling us you live in Wiltshire. That’s quite a journey.”
“It wasn’t so bad, but I’d love a drink. Thank you, sir.” I saw Dad give an impressed smile before turning to lead the way into the kitchen. He’s already winning him over. I thought happily.
“2 and a half hours, with good traffic.” Dad clicked his tongue and I laughed.
“Not much traffic in the air, Dad.”
“Oh.” He said at once, and I saw his eyes widen as he turned to the fridge. “Right, of course.”
Draco took his drink and once he’d finished, I announced that we were going to put his things in my room before Nana and Grandad arrived.