Part 2

" Are you ready, yet? "

Jungkook called out in an annoyed tone, waiting for you for the past few minutes. He can’t decline his mother’s words so that’s why he agreed to go with you. He sighed in relief hearing the sound of heels banging on the floor. 

Jungkook opened his mouth to scold you but nothing came off, he was beyond astonished seeing you all dressed up after so long. He gulped the lump formed in his throat seeing you in black shinny attire with your hairs down.

" Can we? "

You still haven't spared him a single look. You shot your eyes up towards him as you didn’t hear his response. Your heart skipped a bit after ages seeing him staring at you without even blinking once.

" Jungkook! "

You waved your hand in front of him, making him blink. He cleared his throat and walked out without saying anything. You smiled to yourself. 

Through the whole ride you were just feeling the breeze hitting your face. Jungkook can’t take his eyes off you as he was exchanging glances, you were looking breathtaking.

Soon enough you reached your in-law’s house, you rang the bell and an old woman opened the door with a warm smile on her face.

" Hi, sweetie! "

Mrs. Jeon squealed and immediately hugged you, patting your back and kissed your cheeks lovingly. You walked up ahead to meet his dad. Now, it feels like family. 

Mrs. Jeon introduced you to every guest as usual despite the fact that they already know who you are, she always likes to show you off as she is always proud of you no matter what.

" Y/n, did you see Jungkook? ''

Mrs. Jeon asked you by which you shook your head as you were catching up with some girls. She sighed. 

" Can you get me the cutlery from the basement? "

Mrs. Jeon as you nodded, flashing a smile.  She mouthed a small " thank you " before walking towards the lawn. 

" Now I have to get the cutlery alone. "

You sighed sadly and walked downstairs towards the basement. On your way, you bumped into someone accidentally.

 " I’m sorry- "

" Y/n!? "

" Hoseok. "

You never expected him to see here. Hoseok was your best friend. Let's keep this aside that he was a playboy and he proposed to you which you rejected as you had Jungkook at that time. 

You both catch up for a while when it clicks you that you have to get some cutlery, Hoseok insisted to help you and you can't deny it because he was pleading. 

You opened the door and saw pieces of glass on the ground shattered, you picked it up thinking someone will might get hurt but clumsy you cut yourself. 

Hoseok immediately wiped the blood off from your fingertip with a piece of cloth as you were still keeping the glass aside. 

" Thank you Hoseok. "

You said before getting the cutlery and walking out from the basement. You locked the door behind just in case if someone wanted to enter. 

" Let's go. Mom must be waiting. "

You uttered while walking towards the kitchen with Hoseok following behind. 

Hoseok can't do anything but to admire you, seeing you after so many years. He can't state that the house didn't change much and your every little detail was plastered in his mind. 

" Mom, here are the things you requested. "

You placed it gently yet carefully on the counter as Mrs. Jeon smiled. Her eyes diverted to the figure standing behind you. She can't recall the identity of the person but she remembers the face. 

" He is Hoseok. He was my and Jungkook's classmates. "

You informed her. She nodded her head and mouthed an ' O ' in understanding. You smiled and walked out of the kitchen while they both started talking. 

On the way towards the balcony to see Lila and Jungkook being all lovey dovey. Your heart ached but you didn't say anything, you weren't in the position to throw a fit. Jungkook glanced at you for a second but didn't pay any attention to you. 

Not uttering a single word you walked away towards the balcony. The cold breeze hitting your warm skin, you closed your eyes in search of some peace but it is easy when your heart has been broken so many times by the same person. 

You still don't want to give up but is there any hope left? 

You detect someone's presence beside you, hearing the footsteps hitting the wooden floor. You opened your eyes and saw Hoseok standing behind you. You opened your mouth to ask if he needed something but he was fast right to place his question first. 

" Are you and Jungkook not together anymore, huh? "