Emotions

He arrived an hour before midnight. All lights were closed. He smiles when he sees a pot on top of the oven. Typical Fahlada, a dumpling soup. He is yet to have his dinner. Before, he just sleeps it off but looking at the food, he can't resist. It's been awhile since he has a home cooked meal.

When he went inside his room, it was untouched. He frowned. He looks at the other room besides his, there lies his sons and wife. Sleeping. Warmth crept from his chest. He slowly closes the door. He plans to do a quick shower.

Its almost past 12 and he can't sleep, the twist and turns aren't helping him. He is tired but his mind is restless. This is his first time to be with his family. The first night to be with his wife. Something is not right. So he went up and checks the twins and Fahlada.

Fahlada is in between the twins, Hans is on her left side while Franz is on the right. He kneels and picks up Fahlada. He chuckles, his wife is still a deep sleeper. He is so careful not to wake her up else another word war will happen. He just wanted her like this sleeping, so he can look at her freely. He must admit he missed her. Henry slowly put her on the bed and covers her up. He spoons her and smells her hair. In a matter of minutes his world turns to a calming darkness.

🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬🌬

She was awaken with something heavy on her waist and legs, she can't move. When she turns her head, she saw the culprit. Sleeping peacefully. Realization hits her, what is she doing inside his room. She can't remember anything about transferring here, the last time she knew she was with her sons in one of the rooms. She wanted to shout at the man besides her but she can't bring herself to disturb him. Dark circles are seen on his eyes, soft stubbles are forming. She wanted to touch him be refrains herself from doing so. She needs to remove herself from his embrace for her to think clearly. After what he did to them yesterday, but when she moves away, his grip strengthen.

"I need to get up"

"hmmmmnn" was the only answer she got.

Then he changes his position and moved to the other side. She immediately stood up and went outside the room.

"Mommy"

She was startled hearing her son's voice, Frank is crying.

She kneeled Infront of him, "why are you crying?"

"You are not there when I wake up" and embraced

"How about your brother?"

"Sleep"

She then stood up carrying him.

"Are you hungry?"

He just shook his head. "It is still early; do you want to sleep more?" She feels the shake of his son's head on her neck.

"Mommy will prepare breakfast. But first let us brush our teeth okay"

"Okay"

"What do you want me to prepare, milk?"

"Yes please mommy"

"pancake?"

"mommy can you add some bacon?"

"I think mommy can do that. "

"Okay"

While inside the bath area she hears another cry. She immediately went to the bedroom and sees Hans in the middle of the bed.

"Good morning baby"

Hans reached out his arms to get his mommy's embrace but continued crying.

"Shhhh.. its okay baby. Mommy and Frank are just brushing our teeth before breakfast"

"Do you want to go join us?"

Hans nods, "Yes mommy"

A few moments later, bacon and pancakes were on the table. They are having their breakfast when P'Edgar comes in.

"Good morning P'Edgar" said the twins

The driver smiled at the twins, "Good morning kids, Fahlada"

"Yes P'Edgar, come join us, eat some of our breakfast"

"Thanks Fah, I already had mine more than an hour ago. I am just looking for Sir Henry"

"He is still sleeping"

"huh?!"

"Do you want me to wake him up?"

"No its okay, this is a first time after a long while. No matter what time he comes home, he always wakes up at 4. Do his gym at goes to office before 6. It's now 730"

"He might have an important meeting to attend"

"He is the boss. There is always a first time."

"are you sure you don't want breakfast?"

"Am okay, just tell him I'll just be at the basement."

Fahlada "Yes P'Edgar", before he leaves he said, "It's good for you to be back. You are good for him. Please have more patience"

She said nothing back.

🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌝🌞🌝

He opens his eyes. It's been a long time since he had a very deep sleep. It is refreshing. He tries to reach out but his arms only touches the cold mattress. He smells the pillows she's not a dream he was with her last night.

He looks at the clock and it is almost 8 in the morning. He is surprised but it was worth it. He never wakes up this late, but it feels right. While taking his shower, he is bothered about what will be the reaction of Fahlada. They are married for heaven's sake.

All suited up, he goes outside and smelled the aroma of bacon. Laughter was heard from the kitchen.

"Good morning daddy" the boys immediately left their seats and goes in front of their father.

"Good morning boys, did you have a good sleep?"

"Yes daddy" they said both in unison.

"Daddy, do you like pancakes?" asks Hans

"Daddy, how about bacon?" Franz followed

"Daddy do you also drink milk?"
Questions that keep on coming if he does not give his answers immediately.

Henry chuckled, "yes boys, I also like pancakes and bacon" and looks at Fahlada.

Fahlada was silent and was looking at her coffee not looking at Henry.

Let him be occupied with the kids. She knows every now and then Henry gives her a glance.

"Daddy, where are you going?"

"At work"

"Is it far from here?"

"Just a few minutes"

"Daddy, what time will you be here? Can you watch a movie with us?"

It's only then she intently look at Henry.

Henry swallowed hard. "I have yet to check my schedule, but daddy will try to come early so we can watch okay?"

"Okay" said the twins.

Fahlada, stands and puts her plate in the dish washing area.

Henry wanted to say something to Fahlada but failed to do so because of a mobile call.

"Cruz, what's my schedule for today?" she heard him say as he turns and leave them.

Fahlada just breathes and trying to contain her emotions.