Chaptet One

Chapter One- Dreams
Max's POV

Running. Just running as Fast and as far away from that place as I can. my foot fall silent as I run threw the dark forest. I don't stop running. all the things said still swirling around in my mind.
"You pathetic prick! You will do as I say"
"I'm a human being. you can't control me!"
"Your worthless"
"Who do do you think you fucking are"
"Your a mistake"
I shake my head to try and clear it,I just had to get away, I can't take it any more! I keep running, no mater what I just have to keep going I can't stop.

I'm in the middle of the forest, going deeper and deeper as the scrub around me hits and scratches me trying desperately to trip me.

I stop.
I have a strange gut feeling, something bad is about to happen.i hear a snapping and swirl around in that direction......

It all happened so fast, before I could register anything I was on the ground pined on my back by a giant black dog with flaming red eyes. I hold it back with my right forearm against its throat to stop it from ripping my face off. Using my left arm, I retrieve my pocket knife from my belt.

Pain

That's what I feel.a searing hot pain, as the creature rips it's clawed back foot down, from the top of my hip to mid thigh. without another thought I ram the blade into its chest.

Wiat.its not dying.shit.as I pull my arm back the dog ( more like monster from some horror movie) pins my arm under its big clawed paw. shit shit, shit.
Taking a deep breath, I remove my right arm and grab for the knife in my boot, as the beasts jaws latch on, its teeth sinking in deep to my collar bone. With my last chance I smash the blade into its chest with so much force that my hand enters the hole I created and I can feel the blood running out and mixing with my blood that was already pooling around me.

His jaw goes slack, and his body suddenly collapses in to me. pushing it off of me I get up and stare down at the creature before me, it's red eyes now rolled back and wight, glazed over and lifeless. no longer the beast that tried to kill me, but a broken soul and body..........

I wake up with a start, sweating and hyperventilating. I have to throw a hand over my mouth to stop from screaming. shit. I look around, on high alert, looking for any threat. but no. I'm safe. still up high in the branches of the tree I fell asleep in last night. Faaaaa... ugh, that may have happened years ago but god damn it, that memory still affects me.that fateful night changed everything. I ascaped, became scarred, and, something snapped inside me, that something is what has kept me alive.
Mindlessly I run my fingers over the scar on my collar bone, and fiddle with the bracelet on my left wrist.
After i killed that dog a removed its teeth and claws making a bracket out of its teeth and an anklet out of its claws, it's a reminder of what can happen, of who I am and use to be, and to never let my guard down.

Judging by the sky the first light is only a few hours away so I quickly check over my stuff, rummaging threw my black backpack to see what I need to pick up before I leave this little town and he'd for a city.

Knowing I won't get back to sleep after that dream I settle back into the arms if the old tree and try to get some rest, I have a big gurney a head of me.