Chapter Two

Chapter Two- cities, gangs and bears?

Max's POV

I've been on this bus for about four hours and my but has gone numb. I was the first on the bus and got a seat at the back, gazing out the window with my earphones in, music up and hood pulled low over my head. After this I have another two buses to catch.sigh.i've got a long trip ahead.

***********nine hours later***********
It is eight thirty pm and I'm the last person in the bus. I get up from my seat ,putting my music away as the bus comes to its last stop.
" Are you shore you wanna get off hear child, it's not the nicest part around hear?" The old bus driver asks his voice full if concern." I'll be fine thank you so much for the ride and your concern but I'm just gonna Get a map and get to the place I'm staying at" I smile at him. he looks at me sceptically before sighing "righty oh" he opens the bus door "here we are, be carful, the streets are a dangerous place" " I'm shore I'll be fine, I can take care of my self, thanks again mate" I say before exiting the bus and waving goodbye as he drives away.
I go in search of one of those touristy places that give out maps of the city, and just hope one is open at this time of night. to my luck I find one about ten minutes later that is just about to close, grabbing one of the free maps I head off. My day- well night - just kept getting better and better.The map shows that there is a big park about a twenty minute walk away that is near the back steers so there will be a heap of really cheap shops, as long as I don't run into the big gang that runs this area I should be fine, not that I'm easily pushed around.

Thirty minutes later I'm settled up high in a tall tree in the middle of the park you can do this Max, you could live like this, all you need to do is get a job. I think to my self before drifting off to sleep.
***********************************
The next morning I wake up early to the sound of the birds singing and fist light sneaking threw the trees canopy. my stomach starts rumbling, making its presence known.I'm starving. I think back, when was the last time I ate something?......... Two days, shit.

Making shore I go unnoticed by any early morning rises I climb down from the safe embrace of the tree and make my way to the park bathrooms.

After wondering around the back streets for a while I decide on a little cafe and get coffee an omelet and a plate if bacon and eggs. Exiting the cafe with the last of my takeaway coffee I continue wondering around the streets. I've seen a few groups of boys around but none of them the head gang.

The back steers are quiet, there is literally no one around,hmmmmm. I stop to put my rubbish in the bin, a dark chuckle comes from behind me, making me freeze, followed my a deep mocking voice "well, well, well, what do we have here? You know, the streets are a dangerous place, especially for someone like you" sub pressing a growl I spit back " and what's that suppose to mean?" I turn around crossing my arms over my chest, to see the owner of the voice sitting on the steps of the abandoned building with a big group of boys sped out behind him and staring to surround the area around us. well great, just great, this is the damn head gang and their firkin leader. "I'm pretty shore you know what I mean" he states smirking. this guy is making me angry."i hope your not implying what I think you are because I swear you'll regret it" what he did next made me so furious my blood began to boil, he, along with the rest of his followers burst out laughing.when he calmed down he wiped and imaginary tear from his eye and ran his hand threw his dark hair that reached his collar at the back and fell into his brown eyes. "well what I'm 'implying' is that your a girl, all alone in my territory, sweat heart" I growled " ok one don't call me that, and two I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my self thank you" a heap of the boys sniggered at my statement which Just pisted me off more "whatever ya say sweat heart" a cocky smirk on his lips, oh how I want to wipe it off of his face. I spat on him. that did the trick "ohhhh your gonna pay for that one" I just smirk " BIG BAEAR! Teach this girl a leson" a big brute of a bloke, about 24-25 years old stepped out from behind him, he was about 6'4 with a green mohawk, I threw my hands in the air and said sarcastically " oh no I'm soooooooo scared! Hahaha bring it big boy" I smirked. before the brute attacked i noticed two boys standing side bye side with arms crossed and looking at me differently from the others, with curiosity? the one on the left had tanned skin with spiked up hair the colour of raven feathers and eyes so dark you can barely see the puple, the other boy on the right was the opposite, he was tan to but not as dark with bright blue eyes and shaggy beach blond hair with a slight curl to it, they are both tall, over six foot. I felt this strange connections To them as if I knew them, moving my gaze from them I focus on the guy in front of me and smirk dropping my back pack and getting into a fighting stance. this will be fun.