Carolina

Maxon's POV...
Ive just arrived in Carolina. I don't know whether I hope I run into America or not. My life has been hell without her. Why did I choose Celeste!? So I get settle into my hotel suite and get some shut eye since it is 10:00 pm. The next day I wake up and get ready. I'm supposed to check on how many eights we have on the street. How much crime is being committed. That kind of stuff. So I'm walking down the street I see a few eights and sevens but only men. I then see a very skinny red headed woman. She's painting the outside of a house. I walk over to her. "Miss do you anything?" I ask. She whips her head around startled. She just stares at me. Wait....and can't be...is that...no America is a 3 and her family are 5's. She breaks off in a run. She's in old ratty clothes. Her hair is a mess. She's full of paint and dirt. She reminds me of this old fairytale name "Cinderella". Her knee buckles and she falls to the ground. That cant be America. "Are you okay?" I ask. "Im fine Maxon." "America is it really you?" "Last time I checked." "America why aren't you teaching or playing an instrument. What happened to you?" "Nothing." "America?" "I was forced to the life of a 7. As soon as I got back from the palace everyone rejected me. They thought I did something seriously wrong that that's why I wasn't chosen. My parents died. Kenna and James took in May and Gerad, " she says. "America...I'm so sorry. When was the last time you ate?" "I ate a piece of bread not too long ago." "America?" "Almost three weeks ago." My eyes bug out my head. "Three weeks?" "Almost, " she corrects. "Let me take you to get some food." "No Maxon. I have work to do. I have things I have to do where I live so I can survive got it. And I don't even have Aspen anymore because he's at your home." "America.." I begin but she turns and starts walking away. I grab her arm stopping her. She's got muscle but besides that she's just bone. "America come back to the palace with me, " I say. "A maid would be a step up but then I'd have to be at your beck and call." Wow that stung. "No America not as a maid. As the princess." Her eyes widen. "Maxon you chose Celeste! You left me behind! I tried telling you what happened but you wouldn't here of it!" she yells. "America I regret that decision with every breath I take! Celeste and I could kill each other 24/7. We've been engaged for a year with no plans for the wedding! I love you! Please come back and marry me. America please, " I beg.

What will happen? What will America say? Comment and vote it makes my day! Love y'all!