The News

So Maxon had already broken up with Celeste before I left. Celeste left completely fine and happy. The staff is elated to have me back. Maxon had me put back into my old room from the selection with Anne, Mary, and Lucy as my maids. "So tonight is going to be quite something, " Maxon says. "Wait why?" I ask. "Well since you are staying and all and it just is happened to be a Friday you'll have to be on the report." "Ok, " I say hesitantly. He explains to me how it'll work. They'll start the report Gavril will go on talk. Not all the staff knows I'm back. The king knows; the queen does not. Gavril will most likely ask where Celeste is. Maxon will answer and then but a moment later I will walk on the stage smiling, waving, and all that. It's gonna be a big entrance.

So my maids get me dressed for the report and I wait outside the studio

So my maids get me dressed for the report and I wait outside the studio. I can hear everything though. Gavril asks Maxon at the very beginning, "Your highness where is Lady Celeste at?" "She's no longer here Gavril. We broke up." My guess is he looks shocked. "But your highness Illèa needs a princess." "I never said that I wouldn't get married." I walk through the big doors that lead into the studio. Nobody has noticed yet. I walk onto the stage. "Hello Gavril, " I say. "Lady America!" he exclaims. "Your highness, what happened in the past week?" "Well pretty much the sum of it is that Celeste and I broke up and I'm with who I always wanted to be with." I smile at Maxon(no teeth of course). "Your highness if you always wanted to be with Lady America then why did you choose Celeste?" "A terrible mistake Gavril." "I see your highness. Your majesties did you know Lady America was back?" he asks. The king nods and the Queen shakes her head. " It's a wonderful surprise Gavril!" the queen says. "Well Lady America we are ecstatic that you are back and will be the new princess of Illèa." "Thank you Gavril but Maxon hasn't proposed yet, " I say and look over my shoulder at Maxon. "Prince Maxon you haven't proposed yet!" Gavril says shocked. "She just decided to stay 2 hours ago!" "What's your point, " I ask jokingly. He rolls his eyes at me. Gavril laughs. "So Prince Maxon I guess whatever your mistake was it wasn't bad enough for Lady America to not come back am I wrong?" Gavril asks. "It was quite a mistake but she was kind enough to come back, " Maxon replies getting a little nervous. "May we know what happened?" Gavril asks. "Its no longer important Gavril. Let's just say we were both at fault not equally but you know, " I say. "I understand, " Gavril says. "Well can we give it up for Prince Maxon and Lady America!" Gavril says. The room explodes with cheers. When the report is over Maxon and I walk out to the gardens, which is still my favorite place here. "That's one thing I never missed." "What?" Maxon asks. "The report." He laughs. " It's nice to have you back, " Maxon says wrapping an arm around me. " It's nice to be back, " I say resting my head on his shoulder. "I don't know how long I'll be here though, " I say. "Wait why?" Maxon asks looking at me. I look at him and say, "Because you have yet to propose." I laugh. He playfully shives me with his shoulder. He wraps his arm back around me and I rest my head on his shoulder...again. I fall asleep.
Maxon's POV...
She terrified me when she said she doesn't know how long she'll be here! She falls asleep. After a few minutes, I pick her up and carry her inside. It's amazing having her back in my arms. A guard opens the door to her room for me. Her maids are there. I lay America down on her bed. "Goodnight ladies, " I whisper. "Goodnight your highness, " they whisper chorus back with a curtsy.

Please comment and vote it makes my day! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned on all of my stories for more! Live y'all!