The Unexpected First Meeting

The ticking of the clock and the beating of her heart were the only two sounds audible to Aaradhya's ears.

She was sitting in the waiting hall along with the other candidates who had also come for the interview. She looked at the time in her watch. Just 25 minutes left for the interview to start. she gasped.

To say she was prepared for the interview would be an understatement because she was more than prepared. She had watched videos related to "how to present yourself in front of your interviewer". She had solved several years' sample interview questions asked before appointing any doctor. She had read many tips and tricks on "how to be the best interviewee".

She was well prepared but still her hands and legs were trembling on the mere thought of someone asking her questions and what if she wasn't able to answer the questions? What if she forgot everything as soon as she stepped inside the cabin of her employer?

She brushed all those thoughts from her mind. She felt nervous but didn't want to show anyone her nervousness so she did what she always used to do to calm her nerves in such an anxious and uneasy situation. Songs. They were her best friends. They never asked her any sort of questions. Instead, they just helped her ease her mind.

She took out her mobile and earphones from her clutch and inserting the earphones in her mobile, she switched on her favorite playlist consisting of Hindi songs. The first song to play on her playlist was "Saiyaara".

She closed her eyes as she consumed the beautiful lyrics of the beautiful song.

"Tu jo mila toh yun hua (As soon as i met u, this happened)

Ho gayi poori adhoori si duaa (My wish was fulfilled)

Tu jo gaya, toh le gaya sang tere (When you left then you took with you)

Mere jeene ki har wajah" (Every reason for us to live together)

A tear droplet always left from her eyes everytime she heard these particular lyrics. They were so deep, meaningful and beautifully expressed. She was so attached to these lyrics, it felt as these particular lines were dedicated to the storm which took place in her life 6 months ago. It felt these lyrics were dedicated to her, or rather HIM.

Aaradhya's POV:

As I was comfortably seated on the sofa listening to songs from my playlist, just then i felt someone shrugging me. I flinched and opened my eyes with a start. I could see the lady beside me was trying to tell me something but i couldn't hear. Why? "Stupid darling, you have earphones in your ears, take them out this instant and listen to this lady" My conscience mocked. "Ohh yeah!" My conscience was correct. I removed the earphones quickly and turned to face the lady beside me.

"Geudeul-eun inteobyuleul wihae dangsin-ui ileum-eul balpyohago issseubnida." (They are announcing your name for the interview dear) She was trying to tell something but i was still learning Korean so it became difficult for me to interpret what she was saying.

I was looking at her face with a confused expression as if that lady was an alien. Just as if she understood my inner plea to translate her spoken words into english, she said again, "Dear the interviewer has announced your name two times, dont let him do it the third and the last time. Run"

As soon as she said this, i looked at my watch as it was some reflex action, and i saw that i am already 5 minutes late for the interview. So i locked my phone, put it inside the clutch, straightened myself and thanked the lady before taking my leave from her. She wished me luck with a warm and kind smile.....okk atleast something good is happening on the most nervous day of my life. I smiled back a genuine smile in return.

I took my documents which the hospital asked me to present. I went towards the cabin where the interview was scheduled. Just as I was about to enter the cabin, a person whom i guess to be the boss's assistant asked me to stop. "Miss, you cant step inside. First handle me your documents, i will present them to the owner boss and then when he allows you to come inside, at that moment you can enter." I was a bit irritated with the way he talked to me with a stern, emotionless face. But i understood that, this was what he was being paid for! I nodded my head and handled over my documents to him. He went inside and i dont know as to what happened between him and my would-be or would-not be boss! I sighed at the possibility of the latter one turning out to be true.

Zeeshan's POV:

It's going to be a very tough day with all the interviews and the meetings with the new contractors. It's not as if I am complaining, infact I have got used to being busy and tired from the last few months. I was never a workaholic but had to become one, to forget HER. I indulged myself in work and that was all i could think about.

Suddenly, i heard a knock on the door, making me come out of my trance. I cleared my throat and spoke a "Come in" to whoever was standing out there. My assistant came in with a file. I guess it to be the file with the documents of the first interviewee to be contained inside.

He handled me the file saying, "Sir, it is the file of the first candidate whom you will be interviewing."

I nodded at his robotic voice which contained no emotions in it. I had guided him to be like that to put work in the top of his priority list. No....you are guessing it wrong. Am not a typical dominant boss, it's just that the fact of someone who is capable of doing a lot, going out of my hands and service that worries me.

I took the file and started going through the candidate's qualifications. Hmm....impressive!, I thought. This candidate was really a gem. Although he had no past work experiences, I guess he would prove to be an ideal employee. With a very wide grim, I looked over to the top, to read the candidate's name. AARADHYA GUPTA. No...it can't be HER. "Shut up idiot, there are a lot of girls in this world resembling the same surname and the same name." My conscience backlashed me. I knew my conscience was right but for once, I wanted it to be wrong and wanted this Aaradhya to be THAT Aaradhya, MY Aaradhya.

The assistant was looking at my face with a curious expression which meant a 'shall i summon her in?'

I looked at Saahil, my assistant and nodded my head up and down signalling a 'silent yes'.

After few minutes, she asked my permission for entrance, with a sweet "May I come in Sir".

And I instantly knew it was HER.

.
.
.

Heya! Lovelies.....how are u all doing?...
Question of the day/night😜
Q: Have you ever met someone as unexpectedly as Aaradhya. It could be anyone, bro/sis, friend, relative, cousin or someone special 😍......Feel free to share

Bbye wait for the next chapter
~MeMissAngelRicha😍