Part Two; Years Later

It's been years since I met Ron at Kings Cross Station. Currently, it is our fourth year here at Hogwarts, and I have befriended many new people including Cedric Diggory, whom I am pretty sure has a crush on me. My relationship with the "golden trio" has faded over the course of my time at the Wizarding school, as I was sorted into Hufflepuff, and the three of them into Griffindor. There's no bad blood though, we still greet each other in the halls and occasionally talk during classes but nothing more. I made friends inside my house that I'm happy with, maybe not as happy as I was with them, but still happy.

During the first dinner of our fourth year, Dumbledore explained how our school will be hosting the tri-wizard tournament, and along with it, two more wizarding schools, Bouxbatons and Durmstrang.

I was in the great hall, thinking about the Yule ball, and who I think would ask me, when my thoughts were interrupted by the Weasley twins trying to use an aging potion to get their names into the goblet.

"It's not going to work," Hermione chimed.

"Oh yeah, and why's that, Granger?" Asked one of the the red headed twins.

"You see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself," Hermione explained.

"So?"

Hermione scoffed, patting her legs frustratedly with a book, "so, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a thought as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion."

"Oh but that's why it's so brilliant, because it's so pathetically dimwitted!" The twins rebutted as they hopped up and downed the potions.

The crowd cheered as the boys made their way across the line without repercussion.
A moment too soon, I thought, as the twins were instantly shot backwards after dropping their names into the fire.
Everyone laughed as they started to grow long white beards.

"You said!" Shouted one.

"You said!" Repeated the other as they began fighting on the floor of the great hall.

It was definitely a highlight of my day.

As I was walking back to my dormitory, I was approached by none other than Ronald Weasley.

"Hey, y/n," he panted, slightly out of breath from catching up to me.

"Hey Ron, what's the matter?"

"We haven't talked in a while, I saw you in there so I thought now would be a good opportunity to do some catching up," the freckled boy said with a smile, one that I fondly remember from our first time meeting.

"Oh yeah," I replied, "that sounds great."

"So how are things?"

"They're good," I reply, happy that I'm talking to my old friend again, "do you have anyone in mind to ask to the Yule ball?"

"Er.. haven't really thought about it," he says, looking down and scratching the back of his head in a way that makes me think he's not telling me the full truth.

"Well, you have time to figure it out," I reassured him with a smile.

We ended up talking for another hour until it was time for supper, mostly about how dreadfully traumatizing professor Moody's class was.