Part three; The Question

After my long conversation with Ron, I made my way back to the Hufflepuff table and sat next to Cedric. I find it quite funny that I'm friends with him since he's so popular and I'm quite the outcast.

"Hey, y/n! I put my name into the goblet today," Cedric beamed, "I think I saw you."

"I did see! I'm crossing my fingers for you, Ced," I responded.

"I'm really hoping to be one of the champions, my dad won't stop sending me letters about how proud he is of me and I don't even know if I'm in yet," he laughed.

"Well you know how much your dad loves you," I reminded him.

"Oh and look what he sent me for the Yule ball," Cedric added, holding up a very nice set of dress robes.

"Oooh fancy," I chuckled.

"Oh yeah, and on the topic of the Yule ball," Diggory's eyes lit up and his cheeks flushed pink, " I was wondering if you'd like to be my date."

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god! Cedric Diggory is asking ME to the ball.. ok ok..

"Yeah! I mean.. I'd love to, Ced," I replied, my face probably the same shade as the plate of gala apples sitting in front of me.

"Really? That's great!" He replied, beaming.

"Yea I mean.. why wouldn't I?"

"I guess I thought you'd already have a date, you are gorgeous after all"
His words made my already pink cheeks turn an even deeper shade. Gorgeous..

I laughed, "no Ced. No ones asked me."

That night, Dumbledore pulled the names out of the goblet, Fleur Delacour from bouxbatons and Viktor Krum from Durmstrang had already been picked.

A nervous Cedric sits next to me, keeping his fingers crossed.

"The Hogwarts Champion," Dumbledore pauses, "Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone at our tables cheers, the Hufflepuffs the loudest of all. As Cedric stands up to join the other champions, I whisper in his ear,
"You got this, I'm so proud of you."

While I sit back down, I look past the crowd of Ravenclaws to see Ron, staring directly at me, the tips of his ears bright red.
I wonder what that's all about, I think to myself.
I brush it off and continue cheering for Cedric.

All of a sudden the noise stops and the goblet shoots fire for a fourth time.

Dumbledore catches the paper..

"Harry Potter.." he mumbles,

"HARRY POTTER!"

I look over to see the nervous boy being pushed by a concerned Hermione, and Ron, putting his head down on the table in anger.

Some students shout, "cheater!" "He's not even 17 yet!"
While others stay silent in shock, or whisper to their friends.

Harry stands up and nervously walks past the headmaster, staring at his feet, making his way to the other champions..

************************************************
A/N:
I know my timeline isn't 100% accurate, but gimme a break, it's a fanfic.
- xoxo, cherry