••● Chapter Three: Truth ●••

Quickly opening the door to my house, I threw my bag to the floor, kicking my boots off stumbling up the steps. I ran towards the bathroom at the end of the hall, my free hand reaching around the side of the door in search of the light. Once the light switch turned on, I came to face myself in the mirror and my nose was still bleeding.

"Uhg. Why won't it stop." I cursed, pinching my nose and tilting my head back.

A sharp pain ran through my head and it felt like a massive migraine was forming. Washing my face I washed all the blood away. Staring at myself in the mirror my hands were gripped on the sides of the sink. There were dark circles under my eyes and I was as pale as a ghost, my face was covered in sweat.

I had to admit, every time my hand touched someone I always managed to see into their past and all of their memories. Sometimes if the connection was strong I could see into their future. But this was worse. Much worse. Never had I gotten a shocking pain. One which had felt so sharp, coursing through my entire body. It was painful. A migraine which felt as if my head were splitting and going to blow up, and never has my nose bled so much before.

I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw. I knew there was something different about them when I first met them but I could never place my finger on it. However, I just learned of their true nature.

I believed in spirits and witches but Werewolves and Upir's? I found it crazy talk. A loud crash of thunder echoed in the empty house causing my body to jerk from the booming sound, and a crack of lightning caused the power to go out momentarily.

Everything was pitch black, the only light I saw was the lightning outside.

Raising my head I looked into the mirror once again, my eyes had finally adjusted to the darkness. When a bright flash of lightning lit up the entire bathroom. But something caught my eyes, I saw in the light a hooded figure with a pointy hood. Dressed in an all black robe who was standing behind me. Right, in the doorway, holding a silver blade that glistened in the light with strange markings that had run down the blade.

A crack of thunder happened again, out of fear from what I saw in the mirror, my body spun around. My hands were clenching onto the sink in a tight grip, hoping to face the figure, and as I looked it was gone. Nowhere in sight.

The lights turned back on and everything fell peaceful again. None the less, my breathing was off course and I bolted out the door. My body crashing against the wall as I continued down into the kitchen. My feet stomped on the steps, as my hands were pressed tightly on both sides of the wall to keep me from falling down the stairs.

Running into the kitchen my body was pressed up against the counter, as my eyes were so focused on the stairs. Thinking whatever it was I had seen would make its way down to where I was standing. My hands were feeling around for a weapon of some sort, a knife specifically. But as I waited, the feeling of sweat dripping down my back as my hair clung to my horrified face. But nothing came into view.

My eyes bounced around the rooms looking every which way. Suddenly my cell phone rang causing my heart to drop.

 Ring. Ring. Ring

My hands shook as I answered the call which was nothing but a number rather than with an unknown name. "H-hello?" My voice was shaking as I waited for an answer, but there was static.

"Hey sweetheart it's me, I won't be home till late. Pryce wants me to stay a little later. I'm thinking eleven tonight or around twelve in the morning. It's quite urgent. There's money in the jar, and you can go out. Or order in."

"I- uh. Sure okay, Dad." I silently whispered to him as he hung up the phone, I felt at ease. Even just for a small moment. My body slid down the counter, sitting on the floor with my knees tucked to my chest as I placed the knife on the floor beside me.