𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐲

ser·en·dip·i·ty /ˌserənˈdipədē/

–finding something good, without looking for it

•🦋•

MINGYU'S

"So that's the difference between infatuation and Love... Did everyone understand?"

I stood in front as I closed my notebook, containing my lesson before I looked at my students nodding, they seemed bored and uninterested after the long lecture,

but boring is not supposed to be a word to describe my class, so I came up with a question to make them feel a bit more energized. Knowing these are teenagers who are experiencing young puppy love, plus it will help them differentiate our topic of infatuation and love, so I asked.

"Guys, how do you define love?"

Just as expected, their eyes lit up and raised their hands as they thought of an answer.

"Yes Seungcheol?" I called out one of my student's name...

"Love is when they go to all your basketball tournaments to support you!" He said excitedly, eyeing that someone who does go to all his tournaments, a blush plastering on Jeonghan's face.

"Okay! You support the person, that's one! How about you, Soonyoung? "

He stood up and answered, "Love is when you feel inspired because of a person, you want to do better because of them" He said, making the classroom go wild as they teased Jihoon, whom Soonyoung was pertaining to...

A few more answers have passed, all students were energized and I was glad they had some fun before the bell rang.

"That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed my class, see you guys again tomorrow, eat your lunch!"

I said as I gathered all my things, and was ready to walk out of the room, until a student spoke..

"How about you, sir? How do you define love?"

Jun asked, and it made me think for a while..

How do I define love?

Suddenly, thinking of an answer to define love made me think of a particular person...

After my deep thought, I smiled and answered..

"I can describe it in three letter 'S'.. Serendipity, Sincerity, and Sacrifice"

I answered, and smiled, as I turned towards the door, but was called out once again

"Wow, sir! That seems deep! Have you ever been in love?" Seungkwan asked as he fluttered his eye lashes at me, with that question everyone made cheering noises and I chuckled.

"Uhm? Oh, would you look at the time! I have to go! " I said and the whines of my students got louder.

"Really?! Sir! Can you atleast tell us how you came up with the three letter S? " Seungkwan replied again, making all of my students seem interested and went back to their seats despite other students from other class outside running on their way to the cafeteria for lunch.

"you guys sure you want me to extend your time to talk about a boy who fell in love?" I said and giggled as they all quickly nodded in agreement.

"Alright..."

I cleared my throat as if getting ready to read a long novel book, which made my students chuckle.

"There was boy who once studied in this same school, in this exact same classroom" I said, reminiscing my childhood self, running around the same classroom in where I now teach other students.

"the boy was extremely tall and very very very handsome let's call by the name 'Mingpuppy' " I started telling a story and they all chuckled with my overly praise for the boy's looks and the nickname.

"He was naive, and very young, but he's always dreamed of standing in front of children, and becoming a teacher.."

"One day, their teacher entered the room, with an unfamiliar face trailing behind it...behind followed a little boy, a boy who had beautiful fox eyes, and was wearing glasses, and a beanie on his head, but he looked extremely handsome as well"

"Being the friendly boy Mingpuppy is, he was starstrucked and befriend the other boy, let's call 'Mr. Beanie' he was younger than Mingpuppy"

The children's eyes glistened before me, some leaning on the the table to go near me as if showing how interested they were.

"They became friends, they talked always, they share secrets, Mr. Beanie was really shy and quiet, but with Mingpuppy, he was undeniably talkative and fun."

"They became friends for days, weeks, and months... And everytime Mingpuppy looked at Mr. Beanie, he can't help but realize that he was so lucky..."

"He was lucky because he found happiness, he found love and companion without looking for it, he found it on his best friend, even if he didn't look for it, he found it on Mr. Beanie"

I then smiled to myself, feeling the same fluttering heart I felt years back...

"Slowly he realized, he is falling deep in love with the quiet kid. That's when he thought to himself.."

"That love can be described with the word Serendipity..."

"Because you will find it in the right time, right place, even if you don't look for it. As if finding a missing piece you didn't realized you had longed for...

Love is Serendipity"