Prologue

A/n So this is my sequel from Unexpected Love and this base on the Battle of Smithsonian. Well sorry if I make Ahk a little jerky but yeah it wouldnt last long so no worries :)

Enjoy !!!
~•~•~•~•~
I walk out of the Starbucks as my phone ring. "Hello" I answer. "Ms Narta, I'm Michael Lewis from University of Washington (A/n I made it up) I'm here to inform you that you receive a scholarship to continue your criminology degree in the university. To give you time we offer you a job as a night guard at The Smithsonian, if you decline the university you'll use your scholarship in you university" he pause "Good Day".

I lower down my phone and stare at it. 'What the hell just happen ?' I look at my watch.5.48 pm. Ten minutes into sunset. I run to the museum thinking 'Theres someone I need to tell'.

~•~•~•~

I jog up to the museum and push the door inside. The new night guard, Thomas Logan, open his mouth to warn me that its closing time but I send him my 'I-know-the-Pharaoh" look. He shrug off and start locking the doors. New night guard ? Yeah, Larry quit and now is a CEO of Daley Devices which invent and sell things, things that I believe are base on his experience here.

I step in the Temple just as the Tablet glowed. I tip toed to the Anubis and peep from there. I see Ahk coming out of the Sarcopagus and start digging through his "treasure". I step out and walk to him. "Ahk" I called.

He turn around as he tried to hide something in his palm. "Eliza" he put his hand on my back and turn me around and start kissing me from my jaw to my neck until I don't realize something slip around my neck until I feel the coldness.

Necklace. I turn around and touch the chain. He take my hand down "As long as you have it, we'll be bond" he smile and kiss me again. Realizing that I have a really big problem here, I pull away. I turn from him and he speak "Well I know the design is pretty lame". I shake my head "its not about that" I take a deep breath "its...I'm moving".

I look at him and his face show a deep confusion. "I'm moving....from New York to...hmm to Washington...I--" he cut me off "what about us ?" He step forward "this past six months--" I step up "this past six monts hasnt do anything to us, I mean we cant go with this forever, ok"

He look stunned but chose to stay silent. "I'm 19 and you are like 4000 years older than me" I sigh "and I'm a girl and I cant introduce you to my family and friends you are a you know". His head snap up and suddenly he is infront of me "You are a human" he stand straight "so what am I, so you think I'm just an exhibit, huh ?!" . I take his hand "Ahk, thats not what I mean" suddenly, he shove my hand away "Don't you call me with that name again !" He shout.

Being a stubborn, I approach him "Hey listen here, that is not exactly what I mean, ok I ju--" he growl "I say leave" I eager "Ahk I--". Then all of a sudden his head whip towards me and he shout so loud that I know the whole museum could hear "I said" he pause "leave me !" And suddenly he shout something in egyptian and the anubis start charging towards me and I begin scrambling backward.

I pause to talk just as the anubis strike their spear just ten inches from me and thats when I snatch my phone and throw my bag. I broke into sprint and run god knows where. l stop for awhile, registering what the hell just happen just now. Slumping to the wall and wheezing a little, I glance down when I see a small toy car stopping.

"Where is the loverboy ?" Jed's head pop out of the window. I look at him and finally realising a choked sob. "I s-screw up" I say. Oct added "Well Eliza, what did you do ?". So I told them everything including my job offer and scholarship. When I'm done, Oct and Jed look at each other. "Eliza" Oct start "there's something we need to tell you". Without any introduction Jed shout "They are shipping us out !".

I had calm down a little realize "What ?! Where ?". Jed sigh dramatically "Deep storage. Federal Archives". I tilt my head and suddenly realization hit me. "I think I should accept the job but I need to call Larry first". I stand up and stop mid-air as I see a slight gold around the corner and its dissapear. I shook my head and look down as Jed shout again. "You dont need to call Gigantor ! Theres no use since he put us in The-pay-no-mind-list !".

I crouch down and pick him up "Jed, listen here theres something I can do and Larry can do. He can call the board to cancel all of this." I put him down and stand up "Now there's a place I need to visit" I look at my watch "Get back now you two" then I run off, forgetting my bag back at the Temple. I take the taxi home and put my best casual clothes to visit the place that I know Larry will be there.

Daley Devices

~•~•~•~