Progress

We walk through a few halls and stop and walk backwards as we hear someone call us "Hello, alittle asistance". Larry gasp in suprise "Oh Teddy, perfect !" He pause "maybe he can help us". Teddy smile "I'd love to help you, but first things first. My nose is so itchy, it's driving me insane. I hate to ask, but, as you see, I'm missing a few body parts. Could you please give us a scratch?"

I roll my eyes, knowing that their will be a few more chit chat before we got that, I step outside and look around the hallway. I take out my necklace and start staring at it "What the heck is this thing ?" I flip it around to see any explanation on it.

But the only thing I get is 'To be bond by The Power' I sigh, annoyed. What is this Power people are talking about ? Just then my phone ring. I snatch it out and stare at it, battling whether to answer it or not because by the ringtone I know who it is.

"What ?!" I answer. I hear a sigh and then Ahkmenrah answer back "Just, don't lose the necklace and stay safe" his voice is calm but seems a little bit cold. "Yes sir" I hang up as I hear Amelia suggesting to Larry "We better go to the sculpture gallery, theres somebody who has better thought about this".

"What did he say ?" I ask Larry. He answer "You will find the combination you seek, if you figure out the secret at the heart of the Pharaoh's Tomb" I raise an eyebrow signaling that I know nothing.

As we enter the Sculpture Gallery, Larry whisper to me. "What did Ahk say ?" I look at him and frown.
"Ahkmenrah asked me to keep this necklace safe and also I don't know how he got signal to call me" I answer.

"Wait a sec" he pause "I do ignore when you call him Ahkmenrah yesterday thinking you slip out, but its been two days ? Is there something going on ?". I bit my lip and nod. Suddenly I hear a soft voice beside me "Bonjour" and Amelia pause.

Wow, she is a degas. So Amelia pause and start following the ballet steps. I smile and suddenly forget about everything. "Hey, excuse me. Could we keep moving, please?" Larry ask and she answer "We certainly could, but then we might miss a rare opportunity. I mean, she is a Degas, Mr. Daley"

Larru sigh annoyingly "Okay, it's just I got a little buddy stuck in an hourglass, I got a pitch meeting at Wal-Mart in the morning". I roll my eyes and Amelia stop. "He is right here" she say as we approach The Thinker. We look up to him and she say.

"Mr. Thinker, we're sorry to interrupt your contemplation, but we really need to figure out the secret at the heart of Pharaoh's tomb"
Then The Thinker say this repeatedly "I'm thinking" about three times.

"Its not happening with him" I hear Larry whisper beside me. Suddenly he exclaims "Wow check that out" we whip around to see a roman woman statue. "Hey ! Its serious its a matter of life and death" I shout. He look down at me and say "Tell you whats a matter of life and death, that woman over there! Hey baby! Check the gun show !".

"He is certainly not Einstein" Amelia murmured. I snap my finger "wait a second" . Larry cut me off "we saw a bunch of those". Amelia ask "a bunch of what ?". Larry and I say in unison "Einstein, in Air and Space" we peek through the window. When we turn around suddenly Amelia start staring at Larry.

"Why you are staring at me ?" He ask. She answer "I don't wanna miss a moment" he sigh "All right, good, but we should get going, 'cause we..." And she slap him. "You talk too much,ace" and she kiss him. I giggle and walk away quietly to the door and lean to the wall.

I feel the coldness again and close my eyes. Infront of me (I'm "inside" the crate again) General Custer went on and on and on about his hair. I laugh, knowing that nobody could hear me or even see me. But I stop suddenly when Ahkmenrah look at me or rather the place I "stand". He smile a little and glance back to another direction.

I am back to the real world and smirk. "Ahkmenrah, are you trying to apologize ?" I murmured and follow Larry as they walk out. Suddenly a picture flash through my head and I yelp at him "Kahmunrah thinks we are escaping, hide now" we duck behind a board and peek to see our way to Air and Space are surrounded by the French Soldiers.

"We are" Amelia start "jimmy-jacked" we say together. "Jimmy-jacked ?" Larry ask confusely "its sounds made up even for you". Then sarcasticly Amelia say "Oh no, our path is blocked by bad people" she exclaim "whats the fun in that ?!"

I sigh and peek again "the point is we can't go to Air and Space" Larry peek also and in unison we say "we are jimmy-jacked". I look around trying to find somewhere safe. I spot the Lincoln Monument and whisper to them "over there lets go"

We jog up the stairs and hide behind one of the pilar. Amelia start asking about Larry's job so I step away. I am suck back to the crate and find them talking about plan of attack. I listen for awhile and glance at Ahkmenrah. Now I feel weird calling him with his full name. He glance back and smile. What the ?

I am suck back to the real world just in time I hear Larry saying that he didn't lose his moxie. I chuckle and he turn to me. "What happen while we are talking ?" He ask. "I'm sucked to the crate" he gasp "so you saw them ?". I grin "yes". He say "So you and Ahk are making progress ?" I sigh "yeah I think"

We whip around as Amelia exclaim "Great Gatsby" at the moment when Abraham Lincoln (the gigantic one) start moving.

Shit, can things go more worst ?

~•~•~•~•~•