LightningSky

Natsu POV
Why am I in so much pain? I tried to sit up, but was immediately hit with a wave of pain. I yelped and laid back down. The soft sensation of the bed under me told me I was in cat form, while the heavy scent of Levy and Medicine told me I was back in the infirmary.

I could hear yowling from outside the infirmary.

"-ck you you psychotic bastard!" I could decipher my mate's voice, just barely. Then i heard something shatter.

Then nothing.

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. A female voice tried to break it, but was cut off by the Alpha.

"Prepare for full out war!!" I felt my heart skip a beat as I heard those words.

I tried not to think about it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

~Timeskip~

I could feel the sun peering into the infirmary, warming up my pink and orange fur.

I prepared myself for the pain as I sat up, but something held me down. I started to panic, until I realized that the thing holding me down, was none other than the sleeping Gray's paw.

My little freak out must have woken him up, because he started to stir.

"Good morning Natsu." He yawned and licked the top of my head.

Gray POV

I was prepared for war, there was no way I was letting that bastard take my mate. I'd rather fight all the dark packs than give my mate up to die. The silence in the clearing was deafening. I made my way to the infirmary to check in with Natsu.

"How is he?" I asked Levy. She looked up at me with her brown eyes, a little bit of relief in them.

"He is asleep right now, but I can tell he is still in pain. No matter how many blankets I give him, he wont stop shaking."

I nodded and walked past the little cat, right over to Natsu's little nest in the corner. He had made it the last time he was in the infirmary because he felt "safer" there. I had told Gajeel and Levy to leave it there, even though its kinda messy.

The little fire colored cat was curled up into a tiny ball in middle of his blankets. I decided to lay down next to him.

My body wrapped perfectly around Natsu's little one. "Please feel better soon." I whisper, and I lay my head next to his and wait for sleep to come to me.

~Timeskip~

I could feel Natsu stirring the next morning. It woke me up and I looked into his olive colored eyes, still clouded with sleep.

"Good Morning Natsu" I licked the top of his head.

"G- Good Morning Alpha." He looked up at me, he looked a little scared.

"Natsu, you can just call me Gray, I am your mate after all." He nodded. "How are you feeling after a night's rest?"

"I feel better, I think I can walk now." To prove his point, he stretched his hindquarters out and shuffled onto his paws. "See? I still feel pain, but its not as bad. I don't think I'll be able to change back to human form for a few more days at least."

"Well at least you are feeling better." I had stood up and was standing next to Natsu, in fear that he was going to fall over.

"Alp- Uh- Gray, can we go for a little walk? I think moving around mag help with the pain." I immediately agreed.

"Gajeel!!" I yelled across the room, instantly regretting it when I saw Natsu wince. The brute looked at me, a couple pieces of iron in his mouth. "Tell Levy I took Natsu for a little morning stroll!"