iii

I'm srsly not consistent sry :) TW: MENTIONS OF DEFACING RELIGION, INSULTING RELIGION.

EDIT: I RE EDITED IT CAUSE I WROTE STUFF IN ITALICS ON ANOTHER PLATFORM BUT UT DIDNT TRANSFER OVER TO MAKE SENSE. SORRY

"Hmmm? Did you say something, Lucie?"

"...No."

𝑂𝐵𝑆𝐸𝑆𝑆𝐼𝑂𝑁: chapter iii

"You know," drawled Marius, it was an unfortunately annoying hobby of his when he often tended to slur his words in a seductive manner but Y/N assumed this was just common nature at this point, "I think you're settling in well."

He was leaning against her desk and smiling in a gracious manner. She smiled back, out of good measure, but given the woman was tired from the excessive workload pulled upon her in the past 24 hours, the smile couldn't help but be strained. The "higher ups" had insisted on Lucie and Y/N do tests for all their students and then mark it themselves. Paper. Pen. The "classic way". You'd assume, with the fancy technology the school owned, that computers could've graded it, but in none other than the student council president's words himself, 'We like our teachers to be somewhat invested in our lives.'

She sighed, running a hand through her hair, ignoring the girls practically hogging the space outside the door. They were waiting for the boy in front of you. "I'd like to think I am, Marius. But it still worries me."

"What does?"

"This school." When Marius sent her an inquisitive look she blushed and hid her face in shame. This was the fricking student council president, so Y/N only assumed he would act in one of two ways; anger at what's he's helped make (which was generally good in Y/N's opinion compared to other school's she had the misfortunate of going to), maybe reporting her because he just had that much influence, or letting it slide as a milestone in heir conversation.

Instead, he replied, "Why?"

Y/N sweat-dropped.  Actually, the answer wasn't weird at all and wondered why she'd stressed out, but his tone seemed fed up with her, so she decided to end it relatively quickly. If she wanted to say what was really on her mind: oh, this whole thing just seems kind of forced, she was sure she'd be labelled as a mad woman. Marius was staring at her, eyes blank yet at the same time filled with some unreadable expression. The teacher bit her lip, slightly, before rubbing her tongue over it.

"I've got so much more to mark, and you should really get going Marius. I'm sure you've got other teachers to check up on..." she avoided eye contact with him and added, "Why don't you go see Daniel? You're friends right?"

aha.

( Ft. those amazing anime school sound effects (rural like when they cry) )

"So you could say your first day has been pretty tiring, huh?" God, it was so nice to have a friend like Barney. Y/N sat between him and Sylie on the couch—a frilly yellow colour that was dyed a reddish colour— sipping her tea gently, before placing it down to face her friends.

"I so wish I was a RS (Religious Studies) teacher. You have wayyyyyy less grading," she whined, stretching her arms above her head. "There's what, seven people in your class?"

"Six," Barney corrected, joining Sylie's hoarse laugh.

"Really? Who are the poor suckers who want to learn about God?" (OK THIS IS A JOKE FROM MY SCHOOL CAUSE LEGIT NO ONE DOES IT SO PLS DONT BE MAD <3)