25: The Time Has Come

Mallika

It has been days since that intense moment. We got accustomed to our new...relationship. See, that's the problem. It's not technically a relationship, but the both of us can't deny that we have something more than just a friendship. All we had were questions. Is this even proper? What happens when we go back? Where do we go from this stage? And the question that bugged me the most was: will we always...stay like this?

I looked up at the sky as more questions flooded my mind.

How will Bhaiya react? We organized this important swayamvar...how will I explain my disappearance to him? Better yet, how will I explain mine and Rajkumar's relationship? And when the other Raja's and Rajkumar's find out, what will become of our already broken kingdom? Everyone will wage wars with us...we don't even have enough resources to support our own people, let alone fight multiple wards with kingdoms that are twice as wealthy and powerful than we are!?

My head started to hurt as my stress increased. I walked back inside, my mind still distracted.

_________________________________________

Sumedh

I...love her. Yes. Saying the words over and over again to myself took time, but I finally realized. I love the Rajkumari. Once we get out of here, I want to approach her the proper way. Unknown flutterings occurred inside of me as I walked around. But suddenly, the bright teal glow from my journal caught my attention from the corner of my eye. My strides doubled in speed as I approached it. When I flipped it open, the bold words froze me.

It's time child.

My eyes widened in shock, as I reread the words an endless amount of times. "R-really?..."

When I say something I mean it murkh balak!

"Sorry! It took some time to take it in..." I rolled my eyes, but deep inside I was happy there was someone like Journal Uncle. Someone who expresses their reality...but never crosses the limits. Someone who scolds me...but never intends to hurt me. Oddly, everytime Uncle talked to me...I remembered my own father. A smile let out of the corners of my mouth.

Child...I don't know what this silence is...but you better remember I can't see you, I can only HEAR you?

Quickly pushing aside those thoughts, I focused back on this surprise. "Uncle...." I cut off again, not knowing how to continue. Seeming to understand where I was going, he continued on.

I'm going to repeat what I said one more time: It's time for you to go back! Meaning....you are now permitted to make your one desire come true!

My eyes widened as reality struck me. It really is time. I looked longing at the journal, the gold ink on its pages. Our conversations lost in the ocean of the pages. "Desire...?" It came out as a question, my mind still getting accustomed to the fact that the end was near.

Yes, desire, child. Now let me advise you, right before you say it, take a moment and think of everything. And don't ask me what I mean...only you know the "everything".

He was right. Only I knew everything that had happened. Not only here, but in Sondhara as well. Struggle, hardships, tears...only because I didn't believe in 'love'. I remembered the words Journal Uncle always repeated in the start: "Don't expect your desire to remain the same. You might be enlightened." He predicted right once again. My mind was clear and concise. I knew exactly what I wanted.

Before I presented my thoughts in front of him, a quick realization flashed into my head. The thought of it made me almost...sad.

"Before, I state my desire, just one last question."

Make it quick child! I don't have all day, ya know!

Not knowing how to continue, my emotions caused my words to stutter. "So...t-this is it? The end..."

My words seemed to have affected Journal Uncle as well, since he didn't reply as quick.

Son, there's never an end. Whenever you think you see the end, always look for a light. Just like how there is always a light waiting for you at the other end of the tunnel, taking you to your new destination, there's always another beginning waiting for you. You just have to look for it.

Son. For the first time, he had called me son. Suddenly, I was choking back tears. Quickly blinking them back, I continued on with my initial words.

"I desire--"

WAIT! One more thing...as soon as you say your desire, there is a chance nothing might happen. One is clear and concise, while the other is still stuck in webs of questions. Only when the two have their minds fixed to the same yearning, is when everything will be set.

I stood there in disbelief. I groaned in frustration. "What?! What is this new twist?! Just as I thought everything was going smooth, you go and give me some new RIDDLE?!"

It's not a riddle, child. It's reality. And this anger will definitely not help you understand my words.

He's trying to distract me! I need to focus on what I want! "I desire--"

But my words caught in my throat as I just noticed her presence, staring at me in awe.

👑

Y'all sometimes we tear up writing these Journal Uncle scenes. He's that one character who secretly holds a place in everyone's heart 😭

Really sorry for the short part...it was initially going to be longer but decided it was best to leave the good part in the next part 😉

💖 Do comment, vote, follow, and share please!! 💖