Chapter Five

It was finally the day of the dance. Everything about this day should have gotten me really excited. I worked hard to get everything ready. But I woke up still feeling like crap. I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for classes.

"Alyssa, not to be that person, but your eye bags are extra prominent right now

"Alyssa, not to be that person, but your eye bags are extra prominent right now." Riley said. The girls and I were walking out of our class together.

"Ah, yeah. But it's fine. Makeup can easily cover it up." I weakly laughed.

"It's fine. The place is pretty dark anyway. Plus, we will probably have to be on the move during the dance to get things and whatnot for Sarah. We're working women after all." Angel noted. Christen sighed.

"Hey, at least you guys get to go in for free." Allee added. I nodded in agreement, but my mind was wandering elsewhere. What did I do that made Sugawara so mean? I thought we were fine.

I guess not.

Around 4:00 pm my forensic science class ended and I zoomed over to my dorm to get ready with the girls

Around 4:00 pm my forensic science class ended and I zoomed over to my dorm to get ready with the girls. The dance was in three hours but Committee Planning had to go thirty minutes early to make sure everything was ready. I at least had picked out the perfect dress for tonight. I rented out a satin green gown that sparkled when the light hit it. Despite all my thoughts about Sugawara, I was excited to get ready and hang out with my friends.

Back at the dorm the girls were already blasting music and had their dresses on. Allee was helping Christen with her winged eyeliner on my bed and didn't notice I had walked in.  Angel and Riley were occupying the bathroom mirror. Angel turns around and yells at me.

"HEY GIRL! Hurry up and put on your dress. I want to do your eyeshadow."

I laugh and quickly put on my dress. I give myself a quick look of satisfaction in the mirror until Angel pulls my arm and starts jabbing my eyes. The next two hours passed by in a giggly blur. It felt nice to surround myself with my best friends and not give a damn about the world or my problems. I realized how grateful I was to meet them and have a group I was comfortable with. In that moment, I was truly happy.