I Hate You, Zayn Malik

****ALEXS POV****

"Can I see Jacob Dantè?" I ask the lady at the front desk.

"Yeah. Block 9 Cell 3." She said, obviously bored.

I made my way through the cells until I got to the one I wanted. I peeked through the bars and saw Jacob, sitting in the corner, head in his hands.

"Hey, Jacob." I said through the bars.

He looked up and squinted to see through the darkness of the cell. When he located me his eyes lit up.

"Hey, babe. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to tell you something."

"What?"

"I forgive you. I forgive you for everything. For Connor, for raping me, for beating me, for kidnapping me. For everything. I forgive you."

I set everything free. My grudges, my hate, everything. I felt free. Like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I was happy.

"Babe, I am so sorry." He cried.

"What?" I said, astounded.

"I'm so sorry. I was a dick. A jerk. A retard. I shouldn't have done what I did. I was stupid. There are no words to describe how much of a dick I've been. I've been an awful boyfriend, friend, and person. I'm just a dick! I'm so sorry, Alex. I-I'm an awful person!"

I've never seen Jacob cry, but he was now. He was full on sobbing in front of me.

"Did you know Connor was my cousin?" He sniffled.

My mouth formed an 'O'.

"We were. And I killed him! My own cousin!" He cried.

I really didn't want to go, but I had to get back before the lads.

"Jacob, I'm really sorry. I'll visit you again, but I have to go."

"Alex, one more thing. Is it true you're dying?"

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"I'm so sorry. Will you tell Zayn something?" His eyes pleaded with me to grant his request.

"Uh, sure?"

"Tell him he's a lucky guy, that he shouldn't ever let you go. Enjoy it while it lasts. You're an amazing girl, Alex. He doesn't treat you right, come straight to me."

"But you're in prison." I point out.

He smirks. "I know people."

I laugh. "I'm sure you do. Well, bye Jacob."

"Bye, Alex."

I walked out, free of hate.

I walked into the flat. They still weren't home. Good. I walked outside and grabbed all the junk I uses to live on. I went into the bathroom and slowly took out each cigarette and flushed them. Then I drained the beer and flushed that too. Then I tossed the pot in and flushed that, I grinned. I'm finally free.

"I'm so proud."

I whipped around and saw all the lads.

"When did you get back?"

"We've been here, you just haven't notices." Harry smirked.

"Oh. I guess you saw...?" I trailed off.

"Yeah."

"Oh."

"YOU GOT RID OF THE STUFF THAT MAKES YOUR BREATH STINK!" Louis grinned.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Louis. I did."

Zayn wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his head into my hair.

"Where did you go?" He mumbles through my hair.

"Tell you later."

"No, tell me now." He demanded.

"Fine! I went to my dead boyfriend's grave and to see Jacob! Happy?!"

He pulled his face out if my hair and looked at me, putting his shocked expression on full display.

"You have a dead boyfriend?" He asked, astonished.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Let's leave them alone." Harry announced, dragging everybody out.

Zayn ran a hand through his hair.

"What was his name? Was he an ex? Why is he dead? Why did you visit him? Why did you go see Jacob?" He fired questions at me.

"Whoa! That's a lot of questions. And here are the answers. His name was Connor. No, we never broke up. I visited hime because I wanted to. I went to see Jacob because I wanted to tell him I forgive him for what he did to me and Connor."

"First off, you never answered why he was dead. Second off, what did Jacob do to Connor? Third off, why would you forgive Jacob?! And fourth of, you shouldn't of forgiven him!"

"I DON'T WANT TO HATE HIM WHEN I DIE, ZAYN!" I screamed angrily.

"WHY NOT?!" He screamed back, equally angry.

I don't know why he's so angry. I didn't do anything wrong! Unless you count visiting your dead boyfriend's grave and forgiving your ex as something bad. Do I? No!

"BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT!"

"WHAT HE DESERVES IS TO DIE LIKE CONNOR!"

Tears fill my eyes. I can't believe Zayn said that.

"Oh, gosh. Alex, I'm so sorry." Zayn apoligises.

"You know what Jacob told me to tell you?" I said shakily.

"What?"

"He said, 'you're a lucky guy. Don't ever let her go. Enjoy it while it lasts.' He cares, Zayn. He apologized. I forgive him, and you spit in my face. You have no idea how bad he feels, how many times he called himself a dick."

"I'm so sorry, Alex."

"You wanna know how Connor died, Zayn?" I said, my anger building up inside of me again.

"Yes." He whispered.

"Jacob killed him." I spat.

He widened his eyes. "I didn't know, Alex."

"You basically just told me that he should commit suicide." I snapped.

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?! WHAT MORE CAN I DO?!"

"IF YOU WERE SORRY YOU WOULDN'T OF DONE IT!" I screamed.

"YOU KNOW WHAT!? I'M GLAD I SAID IT! HE DESERVES IT! I BET YOU HELPED JACOB KILL CONNOR!"

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I was beyond furious. He had NO right to say that. I stepped forward and punched him as hard as I could, right in the nose.

"I HATE YOU, ZAYN MALIK." I screamed right in his face.

I walked out, but not before flashing him the middle finger. When I got to the door I looked over my shoulder. Zayn was standing there, holding his blood streaming nose with a shocked expression.

Good riddance.