Tangled in your lies

~Hawks pov~

Hawks woke up drenched in sweat. What happened yesterday? The memories slowly flooded back to him as he gently pushed himself into a sitting position. Oh yeah. Those gardenias. He yawned and tried to get out of bed. Wait. The last thing he remembered was fainting in the basement. Dabi must of found him. Hawks coughed again. He knew it. Time was nearly up for him. How many days did he have till the flowers took over? A day? Two days? Maybe if luck was on his side, a week. Hawks hacked at his chest, trying to get the overgrown garden out of his lungs. It was no use. Nothing could save him now. Not even Touya. Could he?

Footsteps broke the heavy silence around the room. A few moments later, Dabi opened the door slightly and poked his head through the crack. Hawks felt the air leave his lungs. He glanced up at Dabi one more time before coughing again. The blanket covering him was already soaked in blood and flowers the size of his palm. Why couldn't Dabi just end his suffering?

"Hey Keigo." Hawks kept coughing, but stiffened. How could he talk to him so easily? Did Dabi not realize how much pain he had inflicted on him?

"Listen." Dabi avoided his eyes.

"I know sorry won't fix everything, but at least consider a surgery to remove the hanahaki."

Hawks gave him a glare, and saw Dabi swallow nervously before continuing.

"Please. Can't you see that your about to die?"

The last flower came out onto the blanket, and Hawks felt something squeezing his heart.

"I thought you knew me well enough. I'd rather die than get surgery."

He could see the anxiousness in Dabi's eyes.

"Stop acting like a child, Keigo. You're not in a fairy tale" Dabi shouted.

"There is no happy ending."

.

.

.

.

.

Hawks shook his head.

"Stop talking Touya."

He could see Dabi nervously rambling in front of him, but no sound came out. Hawks could feel his ears ringing.

"Please."

"Stop. Just stop."

"I SAID STOP TALKING."

Dabi finally looked up at him.

Hawks trembled slightly, but still managed to keep his emotions bottled inside him.

"I can lie to anyone, but I can't lie to you, Touya. I can't deny the fact that I love you."

Dabi's expression was unreadable.

"I-I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way."

Those nine words made Hawks shatter completely.

~Dabi's pov~

He lied. Again. Dabi walked out of the room, unable to see Hawks suffer anymore. He was suffering because of him. Dabi could feel the tears roll down his cheeks slowly and laughed bitterly. He wasn't the best at showing emotions. He loved Hawks-no, Keigo, with all his heart. But the burden of being a villain was just too much for him to handle. It was for the better. Dating a hero would not only get him thrown out of the League, it would also ruin Hawks' life. This was why he rejected Hawks, wasn't it? Deep in his heart, Dabi knew that he just made it worse. He had broke the one person that cared and loved him for who he is.

Dabi laid down on the couch and looked up at the ceiling. He had already made plans to break into Tartarus two days later. There was no time to be wasted. After hearing that The League was going to be sentenced to death, Dabi knew that he had to act quickly. But first, he would need to get some information off Hawks.

Dragging his feet down the hallway, Dabi debated whether he should go in or not. He cared about his family, The League of Villains, but the only person he loved was Keigo. But he had lied to him. Sighing, Dabi finally opened the door only to find Hawks staring at the wall blankly.

"Hey." He said softly.

Dabi saw Hawks turn ever so slowly and just stared at him with his dull eyes.

"What do you want, Dabi?" The way Hawks had said his name made him overflow with guilt.

"Look, I need your help breaking into the Tartarus. Its not like you have a choice here, but you're gonna tell me everything you know about the place."

Hawks glanced at him. "Sure. It's not like I have anything to loose."

Dabi glared at Hawks. How could he talk about stuff like this so easily? Life wasn't some kind of game he could play. There was no restart button. He looked away. Even though he wanted find someone to blame and to be angry at, Dabi knew that he was the source of Hawks' pain. But it was too late to turn back now. Hawks, or should he say, Keigo would probably never forgive him.

.

.

.

.

.

Pacing around the room, Dabi thought about the big day tomorrow. What if his plan did't work? Shigaraki and the rest of the League would die, and he would probably spend the rest of his life in Tartarus. Hawks would die- no. Dabi shook his his head. Did he care about him? He couldn't. It would just hurt both of them more. But there has to be a way to save him. Tears welled up in his eyes again. No. Dabi couldn't show weakness to anyone. Ever. Just keep the emotions inside and he'll be fine. Right?

The floorboards creaked underneath his feet. Touya shuddered. This was his last chance. If he couldn't make it out of the front door in time, it would be game over for him. You forced me into this, dad, he though bitterly. After all what kind of brother leaves his younger siblings to suffer? Touya felt a sob make its way up his body. He shivered violently. The pressure was just too much for him to handle.

"You useless woman." A loud thud broke his train of thoughts. Mum? No. There was no time. Touya pushed aside his useless feelings and kept running towards the door. So close. Just a bit more.

Rough hands tugged at his shirt collar, making Touya jerk back. Fuck. The monster once labeled 'dad' stormed towards him. He started to shake instinctively.

"S-stay away!" Endeavour didn't stop. Touya felt the heat radiating off him in waves. Before he could register the situation he was in, a large fist connected with his face. That's when the last of his patience broke. Blue flames erupted from Touya's small body.

"Let me go." He growled. Endeavour dropped the flaming child and took a step back.

"I never wanted you Touya. You're a failure."