Race against the time

~Hawks pov~

He could feel a warm sticky substance trickle down between his fingers.

"I'm sorry."

Hawks watched Dabi stiffly crumple to the ground. It was all over. For him. For the League. For Dabi. This time, he let his emotions get the better of him. Hawks slowly kneeled down onto the pavement and stared blankly at Dabi's now limp body. His heart skipped a beat when he looked at the state Dabi was in. Suddenly, the whole world was just too overwhelming. His surroundings were too bright and everything was too loud. Hawks couldn't control the tears that cascaded down his pale features. He clutched his head. All this time, all these years. Just to build a wall for his emotions so that they don't get into the way. Now, brick by brick, reality came tumbling down.

How long has it been? Minutes? Hours? Nothing made sense anymore. Nothing was worse then the person lying in front of him. Hawks shuddered violently. He needed to get a hold of himself. Because he was a hero.

The word sounded foreign to Hawks. What did the word hero really mean? To get rid of the world's bad guys? For fame maybe? What about money? Those questions overflowed Hawks' head. Dammit. What was he gonna do now?

.

.

.

.

.

All Hawks had to do was press the call button. Then, everything would be over. The world would be a better place without the League of Villains causing havoc everywhere. But was this what Hawks wanted? If he called for backup now, it would be game over for Dabi. Hawks sighed. He was never a good decision maker, and this time, the fate of Japan rested in his hands. There were only two options. Option one, hide Dabi and betray the heroes. Option two, call for backup and defeat the League, once and for all.

I'm sorry everyone.

It was a long walk home. In the end, Hawks' dumbass self obviously chose option two. Hawks mentally slapped himself. He wasn't a hero. He was a fraud. The anger inside Hawks boiled, but who could he direct it to? Dabi, for leaving him? Endeavour, for trusting him? Maybe all of the people that looked up to him, when in reality Hawks was just a traitor. He chuckled bitterly. There was nothing left to lose. All of a sudden, a weird sensation flooded into his body. Hawks looked down, and started choke.

After lots of 'getting lost', Hawks stumbled back into his now moon-lit apartment with Dabi still unconscious, limp in his arms. As he dragged the raven-haired man onto the couch, Hawks pondered over all the things he should do before his time in this world ran out. On the way to his apartment, Hawks had felt a weird tingling feeling in his hands. Now, looking down, he could see strange luminescent patterns on the back of both hands, slowly making their way up his arms. Every time they glowed, Hawks would feel an invisible force crushing his windpipe, making him gag. Probably another effect of the hanahaki, Hawks though heatedly. Suddenly, something caught his eye. Hawks turned around sharply and saw Dabi slowly sitting up.

"I don't need your pity."

Hawks slowly met his gaze.

"Stop this madness Touya. It's a trap." He hissed at the villain furiously.

"Did you really think that the commission would be dumb enough to execute someone people as valuable as the League?"

"Fuck off Keigo. You know nothing about me and you never will."

For once, Hawks was at a loss of words. He watched Dabi carefully stand up, wincing in pain before storming out of his apartment. Hawks closed his eyes. This idiot. What part of 'this is a trap' did that pea brain not understand?

~Dabi's pov~

Shit. Dabi stumbled out of Hawks' apartment and basically flew down five flights of stairs. He could hear Hawks' footsteps behind him but there was no time. The clock was ticking. But this time, his family's life was on the line. Dabi could hear his heart pounding in his chest. Hopefully he was ready to sacrifice everything he's worked for. Breaking into Tartarus was not an easy task. It was more in the 'impossible' section.

Impatiently, Dabi hailed a taxi to the rundown part of the city of Musutafu. Just a few days ago, Dabi had found Mr Compress and Spinner working with Kendo Rappa. He then organised an army of all the villains he could find for the Tartarus escape plan. At last, Dabi's plan was gonna be set into motion.

.

.

.

.

.

To say that there was a few pro heroes around would be an understatement. There were flashing lights everywhere and the noises around Dabi was unbearable. Finally, he allowed his heart to crack, even if it was just a little bit. Dabi had failed. Somehow, the heroes had known about their big 'surprise' attack and the person that sold them out was Rappa. That son of a bitch apparently didn't want to be a villain anymore and if he worked with the heroes then all charges against him would be dropped. So much for trusting him. Suddenly, beads of sweat started to roll down Dabi's face. What? He looked up.

No words could describe the anger shown on Endeavour's face. Every inch of Dabi's body told him to bolt the hell out of there, but due to the amount of pro heroes around and the hand cuffs on his wrists, he was forced to endure Endeavour's fury. Once again.

"Now listen here, you fithy human being. I'm only going to ask you once. Where is Hawks?" Endeavour spat.

Dabi just gave him a psychotic smile.

"Now now, Endeavour. Why should I tell you?"

"If you tell me, I'll call off the League's execution."

He felt his smile waver before sneering.

"You know, you're the worst kind of people. You act so good towards others," Dabi leaned in closer to Endeavour and whispered, "but what about your family?"

Endevour's eyes widened.

"What about Touya?"

Coughing slightly, Endeavour withdrew himself before clearing his throat. 

"Deal or no deal?"

Dabi narrowed his eyes. This was bad. He didn't even know where the hell Hawks was, but this was the only thing he could do for L.O.V. It was his only choice.

"Fine."

"Fine?"Endeavour pressed on.

"It's a deal."