Mission impossible

~Hawks pov~

He watched Dabi stroll out of the room. What a fool he had been to think that Dabi would love him back. After all it was him that ruined his life. Hawks looked down and closed his eyes. These few days had been rough. He deserves a break. From Touya. From this world. Maybe killing himself now wouldn't be so bad. He rubbed his eyes. No. That would just be selfish. So many people needed him in this world, and he had to be selfless. Because he was a hero, right? Hawks always needed to put the innocent people's lives before his.

That wasn't what you did with Dabi, a small voice at the back of his head whispered.

What should he do? Hawks knew what was gonna happen tomorrow. Dabi was going to raid the Tartuarus. Its all my fault, he though. He told Dabi everything about Tartarus. If Dabi actually managed to get the League out of there in time, the world would go into chaos again. He had to do something. But what. Its not like he could just kill Dabi before anything happens. Hawks would never do that. But so many people's lives would be at sake just because he did something stupid. After that, Hawks would undoubtedly get kicked out of the Heroes society, labeled a villain. This was bad. Think Hawks, think, he urged himself. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. It wasn't the best, but it would work. It had to work. Tomorrow, he thought. Tomorrow was the day. After all, he didn't have long to live anyways.

.

.

.

.

.

Hawks opened his eyes, letting them adjust to the light. What a beautiful day. His smiled. Hawks just wanted to enjoy the world while he can. Please forgive me, he thought. Everyone probably forgot about him already. After all, he was just some teen hero wannabe. Being number 2 hero was nothing. Hawks had lost the most important thing in his life. He took a deep breath. Now wasn't the time to break down. He needed to focus.

Walking out of the room, Hawks was met by an intense stare.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be in your room?" Dabi's sharp eyes flickered.

Hawks just looked at him blankly. "Trust me, if I wanted to escape, I wouldn't be here right now."

"Don't give me that attitude, little bird. You're in no condition to fight me right now."

"Why don't you kill me then? You've already gotten the information out of me. You don't need me anymore." Hawks challenged back.

Dabi marched towards him angrily, taking hold of one of his wings. Hawks stiffened. "I think that you don't deserve there wings anymore, don't you think?"

Don't move , Hawks, he told himself. But his bird instincts took over and Hawks started to wriggle away from Dabi's grip, but he was too weak to free himself.

"Stop moving!" Dabi shouted.

Hawks just shuddered violently.

"Leave me alone." Hawks felt his voice quiver. "Its not like I have long to live anyways." he muttered under his breath.

Dabi just glared at him. "Looks like you didn't learn anything after all."

A blue flame ignited from Dabi's hand.

"What are you doing-"

Hawks stumbled to the ground. This time, he couldn't stop the tears from flowing down his cheeks. Dust fluttered around him, and he trembled. Why. Why did Dabi have to do that. Hawks hugged his knees, listening to Dabi's footsteps drown out his sobs. The burning sensation wouldn't go away. He could feel the heat still surrounding him. Hawks had lost his wings again, and this time they weren't coming back. Dabi had burnt his joints completely, the bones that connected his feathers to his back. Unless his body could grow bones, he doubted that he would have his quirk back. What a load of rubbish. It was his fault. His fault. Hawks couldn't blame anyone else, because he had gotten himself into this. For the first time in his life, Hawks just let the tears slide down freely. There was nothing to hide anymore.

~Dabi's pov~

A splash of crimson red liquid dripped onto Dabi's shoes. He could hear Hawks' distressed sobs from the other room as he walked away. Guilt washed over him as he steped into the bathroom, peering into the mirror. Dabi turned the tap on and splashed water on his face. Hawks was right. He was a monster. But this was all for the League, right? The people that took him in, when no one wanted him. Keigo, his conscience whispered. Dabi felt a tremor run through him. Everything was for his family. For Toga. For Twice. Just don't think about Keigo and he'll be fine. After all, he was weak and pathetic, someone who couldn't even protect his friend or siblings. He didn't deserve Keigo.

"Just watch." Dabi whispered, blood dripping down his face.

"You'll be free after all of this mess is over. After this, you'll never have to see me again."

.

.

.

.

.

Today was it. One little screw up and it'll be over. Dabi jumped out of bed, running a hand through his disheveled hair. Time for the plan to be put into action. He walked down the creaky hallway down to the kitchen, to where he had left Hawks. A puddle of blood and a pile of ashes was all that was left. Where was Hawks? Dammit! Dabi cursed, and started to run. Now, where could Hawks be? If he did actually run, he wouldn't of gotten far. Without his wings, Dabi doubted that Hawks could do anything anymore. Good. He turned the corner and saw Hawks on the bathroom floor, mumbling to himself. Dabi could see all of the burns littered all across Hawks' pale skin. His back, normally full of flaming red feathers were now covered in bloodied bandages.

"Come on. It's time for the last show." Dabi snickered.

Hawks looked up. Dabi felt something yank on his heart. The usual sparkle in Hawks' golden eyes were gone, replaced by a dull shade yellow. Hawks stood up without a word, grabbed his jacket and walked obediently out the door.

Dabi followed Hawks out of his apartment.

"Here." He suddenly said, returning Hawks' phone.

"Call the Hero agencies and say that you need backup." Dabi mumbled.

"And when they get here, the League would probably already be freed from Tartarus."

When he heard no noises behind him, Dabi turned around impatiently.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Make the-"

All he could see was a flash of silver before Dabi felt the nipping blade rest, millimetres away from his throat. He licked his lips nervously.

"What are you doing Keigo?"

Dabi could see Hawks trembling slightly. Looking up, he met his cold stare.

"I'm sorry Touya, but you have to be stopped."

And with that, Dabi watched as Hawks bough his arm back, aiming for the killing blow.