Chapter 30: Marriage talks

Elliana

"Where the hell are you?" I asked harshly into the phone while gritting my teeth in annoyance.

"I'll be there in in five!"

"If your broom stick doesn't land here within the next five minutes I'll take off without you"

I hung up and threw my head back into the plush leather seat sighing heavily. I asked this dumb ass to wake up early but you know how sleepy he tend to get and now he's rushing to reach the airport, when I just called him to check where he reached. Seems like my call was just a wake up call and thankfully I took the required measures knowing he'd be late. So I changed my flight time a bit forward.

My hands were trembling, heart rate increasing every passing second. I'm not supposed to get these jitters, for God's sake this isn't my first time going for a deal.

Dammit!

I closed my eyes,

Inhale

Hold

Exhale

I repeated it a few more times till I'm completely calmed down.

I opened my eyes and glanced out the window noticing a black porche pull over and a panicking Adrian emerged from it running towards my jet like a headless chicken. His footsteps were loud as he climbed the stairs and entered the e cabin.

His head drooping, his brown hair was messed up And I wasn't surprised to see him in black sweatpants,. Grey v neck and Black trainers.

He was breathing like a asthma patient.

My lips tugged into a smirk realising I didn't give the poor boy the time to change.

I think I might be becoming a sadist.

Carla came back from using the lavatory, her eyes narrowed at the wheezing whale in front of us. Her eyebrows raised, an amused smile playing on her pink tinted lips as she looked at me.

"Should've informed him earlier" she chuckled taking a seat across me.

I rolled my eyes huffed "I bet he'd still be late!"

"If you're done with your breathing exercises go get changed we'll leave within an hour" I glanced at my wrist watch.

"WHAT!! AN HOUR!!! And you called me telling you'll leave within ten minutes. How dare you Elliana!" he gave me a murderous look.

I laughed" Oh come on! I made your life much easier by bringing you here quickly now stop complaining and go get changed. We have a meeting to attend as soon as we land."
He sighed in defeat and strode towards the small bedroom at the back.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into the seat.

It's going to be a long day ahead.

******

"Owww! My head hurts!" Adrian whined rubbing his forehead

"Go take rest! You've done a great job today! " I smiled as we walked out of the building.

He smiled back and pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Ellie, you were the boss I was merely a bystander"

"No Adrian, we're in this together!" I patted his back before pulling away.

"Yeah!"

"You go back to the hotel, I want to take a stroll around this place" I stated, walking towards my chauffeur