Chapter 28: Track him down!

Richard

It's been five days since i last saw Ellie and I miss her like hell. It scares me to know how attached i'm to her even though she doesn't see me as anything more than a friend.

But that's okay, i know she needs time to be more comfortable around me. Cause i just bombarded into her life out of the blue, almost blackmailing her to accept my deal. Nevertheless, i got

I couldn't get her image off my mind, each time I close my eyes her sad and innocent face haunts my vision. Her blue eyes held mysteries which I want to uncover.

Why do you still look lonely Ellie?

What happened to that cheerful and outgoing girl? I don't know what you might be going through but I'll make sure to protect you at any cost.

"Ricky!" Nova's voice snapped me out of my thoughts

I glanced at her, she was holding her panda doll looking at me with sleepy eyes. It's almost 1 and she's supposed to be asleep "What's the matter Nova?" I got up from my chair walking over to her and bend down to reach her level.

"Can I sleep in your room Ricky? I'm scared to sleep in my room, It's creepy" she pouted

"Sure baby girl you can sleep in my room till we go back to London. Is that okay?" i ruffled her hair as i smiled at her.

She nodded her head vigorously while beaming brightly. I chuckled and held her in my arms and stood up. She snuggled her head into the crook of my neck and wrapped my arm around her securely.

Walking towards my desk I switched off my laptop and lights before heading towards my room.

I opened the door and walked towards my bed before placing her gently on the bed and pulled the comforter on top tucking her in. I leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead "Sleep well Nova!"

After giving her a final glance I left the room and went towards the balcony. I opened the door, the cold breeze welcoming me. The lights from the buildings and street lit up the place. I walked over to the edge leaning against the railing looking up at the sky. I couldn't find any stars. The pollution in New York made it difficult to to get clear starry night sky.

Starry sky, a liking that we share.

I've always loved watching the night sky, it's a beautiful and breathtaking sight. It made me feel like i'm not alone. Those stars have stayed with me from the day i was born, they've watched me grow up and that's why I trust them.

After Regina's accident, I felt like I lost my family. I only had her after my parents death. She took care of me, always helped me when I was new into business.

Now she's lying on the hospital bed fighting for life, fighting for Nova. She'd be shattered when she gets to know Tom couldn't make it alive.

I can't stand to see her tears. What saddened me was the thought of Nova, she thinks her parents were on a long trip.

Poor girl! How long will I fool her?

Please Regina wake up!

I stayed there for the next few minutes returning back to me room and fell asleep.

*******

"Sir, Everything's done!" Andrew says, going through his iPad.

"Good, I'll be there in five" I nodded glancing towards him.

"Yes sir"

I took my phone and dialed Frank's number.

"Good Morning Mr. Stevens"

"Frank, how's the tracking coming up?" I asked.

"We're not getting any lead's, that man somehow escapes from our radar"

"I don't wanna hear any excuses. Just get that son of a Bit**. " I yelled into the and hung up, clutching the phone tightly.

I need to find him. Where the hell is he hiding?

He tried to destroy my hotel but I managed to stop it yet he succeeded in humiliating me. I've been trying to track him for the past two weeks but no leads. I have to make sure he doesn't get to Elliana. I feel like killing someone but only one person right now could calm me.

Thinking about her brought a smile on my face. I opened the phone and went to contacts.

Ellie!

I pressed call and brought the phone near my ear. The call was ringing, my heart rate increasing by each second as I wait to hear her voice.

Come on pick up!!

"The number you have called is not_"

I cut the call and threw my phone on the sofa.

"DAMMIT!" I groaned in frustration, running my hand through my hair.

I feel like I'll loose my mind if I won't hear her soothing silvery voice. I didn't see her for the past five days. I know that's not a huge number but I'm getting annoyed by each and every thing after returning from London.

I never felt like this before, the need or craving to be with someone. That someone happens to be Elliana, I know I have feelings for her but never knew I'd be affected this much. After the dinner that night, all I wanted was to stay by her side and keep her happy.

I wanted to see her smile, laugh and not to forget listening to her beautiful songs.

Man! I'd kill to hear her sing again.

She let her guard down unknowingly that night, knowing her from the time I met her in her office she's slowly opening up to me. From being cold and aloof to Almost cheerful person Although it wasn't much, but it still counts.

I hope to see the actual Elliana again.

The shy girl that instantly stole my heart with her bright innocent smile.

***

Helloo!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for voting and commenting 💝😇