Three.

The first thing Louis did the next day was text Harry, still soft and sleepy and curled up in his bed, his lavender comforter wrapped around his little body. 'Morning Harry. ☺️' he sent, letting out a soft little breath as he nuzzled his face into the duvet.

His phone soon lit up with a reply, and Louis stretched out his legs, lazily replying once again, his soft hair a bit tangled and his fringe resting on his forehead messily. They texted back and forth, even after Louis finally climbed from the warmth of his bed. He slipped his feet into fuzzy white slippers before padding into the kitchen, wearing big sweats tied at the waist and a tank top with the image of a kitten on it.

"Wow, you got up after me for once," Niall teased as Louis shuffled into the kitchen, thumbs tapping at the phone and eyes following the forming words. "Shaddup. I've been up for an hour," he mumbled, slipping onto one of the breakfast stools. Niall just rolled his eyes before pushing a plate of toaster waffles to Louis, "Bon appetit."

Louis huffed, but was quick to begin to eat, pouring syrup over the previously frozen chocolate chip waffles.

"So...who's got you glued to your phone?" Niall asked, leaning against the counter and beginning to eat his waffle by itself, humming at the taste. "Nobody." Louis mumbled as his cheeks flamed, immediately clicking the lock button on the top of his phone, legs slowly swinging. "'S just a friend."

"Doesn't sound like 'nobody' to me,"

"Niall!"

"Fine, fine," Niall said with a small pout, "Is it such a crime to want to know who's captured my best friend's attention?" He asked, using a pout and his big blue eyes for his own advantage, blond hair swept over his forehead.

Louis let out a frustrated breath, "Fine. His name is Harry," he said, and Niall's lips curled up int a grin. "See, that's all I wanted to know!" Louis rolled his eyes once again. "Sure. Next, you're going to be bugging me about if him and I are dating or not. Let me save you the trouble by answering your question now; no." He said sassily before pushing another piece of syrupy waffle into his mouth and chewing happily.

Niall huffed, quickly giving Louis's messy hair a tug before striding from the room. Louis pouted and stood to rinse his plate off before hiding out in his room again, curled up in his bed.

'Sorry I didn't reply. I was eating breakfast with Niall.' Louis sent before letting out a sigh and stretching his limbs out, once again beneath the thick duvet.

'That's quite alright. What are you doing now?'

'Just laying down again. I don't have to do anything today.' Louis replied.

It was a while before Harry sent a reply, but when he did, Louis dropped his phone. He picked it up fumblingly before unlocking it with his code, gaping openly at the words on the screen.

'If you really don't have anything to do later, then how would joining me for dinner sound?'

Louis let out a squeal, and Niall burst in the room a moment later. "What's wrong?" He asked, but soon relaxed when he saw Louis's giddy state tapping at his phone, and smiled fondly.

"Ni, he asked me out! To dinner!" Louis exclaimed, quickly and shakily sending a message in response, which was responded to with, 'I'll pick you up at seven.' He sent his address before tossing his phone onto the bed, leaping up, and latching onto Niall. "I can't believe it!"

Niall laughed, looping his arms around Louis's waist. "I can, lovely. You're amazing. The bloke would be stupid not to ask you out for dinner."

"Yeah, yeah." Louis mumbled dismissively, waving a hand and pulling away. He tugged his closet doors open, and quietly began to panic. "What is it?" Niall asked, finding amusement in the situation.

"I don't know what to wear, Niall." Louis exclaimed, a pout fixed on his lips as he began to tug clothes from the closet, but was soon tugged away from it and Niall took his place.

~

Ni, does this look okay?" Louis asked Niall quietly, gaze meeting the older lad's in the mirror. Niall flashed him a grin, continuing to fix Louis's hair. "You look lovely, mate. This Harry bloke or whatever is going to be tripping over his feet." It was around five thirty, and Louis had been going crazy trying to find what to wear. Despite having only known Harry for about a week, he wanted to see him, to hear his voice.

Louis was wearing simply a white tank top and light washed jeans along with white vans. Niall had brushed his hair across his forehead, and had even brushed clear mascara over his eyelashes. ("Lottie left this over, Niall! We can't use this!" "Oh shush and blink.")

He was finally ready thirty minutes before Harry was due to come, and was nursing a cuppa in his hands, trying his best to relax as he stirred the honey into the tea. He sighed quietly, taking a long sip of the slowly cooling liquid. "Niall, I'm nervous." He said quietly, but Niall was quick to sooth him.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine." He said, though he was a bit wary. He hadn't even heard Louis speak of the bloke until that morning, and now he was being asked out to dinner? He was a bit suspicious, but he was just looking out for his best friend.

At two til' seven, confident rapping of someone's knuckles was heard at the door, and Louis shakily set down his almost empty tea down. He was so nervous that his hands shook as he pushed his fringe from his eyes, and Niall followed fondly.

He opened the door, but froze, staring up at the Dom in awe. He was easily six feet tall, and he had dark brown curls pushed back with a black scrap of cloth. He couldn't stop his eyes from scanning Harry's body, taking in the tanned skin, muscles, and the expensive clothes that Harry wore, which consisted of black trousers and a light grey button up tucked into his trousers.

"H-hi," Louis squeaked out, seeing Harry's eyes slowly rake over his own body as well, but much more thoroughly. Harry grinned a crooked grin,

"Hi, sweetheart."

-

(1210 words )

THEY MET!

And I think I took a reasonable amount of time between updates, so I hope you guys are fine with this.

Hope you enjoyed it! It was easy to write, and I can't wait to line out their date in the next chapter.

I love you all!

H.x