Just like the Sun (13th Doctor x female reader)

Yaz and I were chilling in the library, while the Doctor was fixing something in the console room. Graham and Ryan went home for some reasons a few hours earlier. So right it was just the two of us chatting. Suddenly, Yaz surprised me.

"You're always blushing around the Doctor, Y/N." She said this while chuckling lightly.

Knowing her, she wasn't mocking me. In the contrary, she said this because she wanted answers.

"A-ah! Am I?"

"Yes, you are! You're even blushing right now." Feeling my face all hot, I decided not to answer since I was so embarrassed. "You can tell me, Y/N. Do you like her?"

"Maybe."

"I KNEW IT!" She clapped her hands in victory. "Go on, then. Tell me more!"

"I- I don't know, what should I say? Where should I start?" I took a pause a breathed deeply. "You know, sometimes when I'm alone, I'm thinking about everything: about the five of us, about the Doctor, about space... I'm telling myself that I couldn't ever be the Doctor. Or someone like her. She's like... so... empowering! I don't know... she is so bright! She shines so hard! Maybe she's the Sun. She is thousands of years old, she is so bright... and hot like the Sun. But most importantly she's so far away... I feel like I could never touch, just be her companion, and only this forever. I can't reach her. I try but I fail every time. She makes me blind because she shines so much, can you believe! And I'm everything the contrary! I would be the Moon... so shy and never able to see the Sun. That's a very sad story. I don't know. I admire her so much but yet I can't be able to watch her for too long. I would hurt my eyes to see her brightness. I love her so much. She is so much joy. Without her I don't know what I would do. Just like the Sun! I can't live without my dose of vitamin D, just like I can't live without her, my Doctor."

"Wow." I left Yaz speechless.

"But you know when I look at her, I know that I can't be her. But she inspires so much! You can't imagine. I look at her with so much proud that I always end telling myself: 'I know what I am: a woman. And I know what I want to be: an empowering woman, just like her.'"

Yaz just ended looking at me, fondly smiling. And we both went back to reading our books.

But when before setting my eyes on the black letters of the white book, I saw a small and thin silhouette with blonde hair appeared before the library's entrance just like a shadow, I knew that she knew.

I couldn't help but blushing helplessly.