New years

Warning ⚠️: this chapter will mention drugs and will discuss sexual assault/ molestation
If these things trigger you please do not read. Though do keep in mind that this is a crucial part of the story.
_______________________________

"I can't believe you! Bob what the hell!!!"
I punched bob's chest and arms hard before rushing over to Charlie.
"Why is it you always have to get him high?! I mean marijuana is fine but LSD!!"
I moved Charlie's face to take a look at him.
I heard Patrick snort behind me,
"Wow Bob you really fucked up now."
I turned around and glared at both of them, making them flinch. I huffed irritated out of my mind.
I turned back to Charlie,
"How are you feeling Charlie? Are you okay?"

Charlie nods,
"I don't feel anything yet."
I sighed hanging my head down in between my arms that were now resting on Charlie's shoulders. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.
"Hey don't stress."
I look behind me to see Patrick.
"Enjoy yourself Mary Elizabeth can keep an eye on him."

Mary Elizabeth gave Patrick a "What do you mean?!"  look, but of course ended up just nodding in agreement after receiving Patrick's "bitch you better do what I say" look.
"Come on,"
Patrick whined pulling lightly at my arm.
I looked at Charlie one more time, ignoring Patrick,
"Are you going to be okay?"
Charlie grabs my hand in response and squeezes it gently.
"I'll be fine Diana."

I nodded as I reluctantly stood up. I looked over at Mary Elizabeth and a very stoned Bob.
"Don't take your eyes off him, and if anything happens you come get me."
Both nodded quickly understanding that I was not in the mood for anymore surprises.
"Alright,"
I sighed, giving my arm over to Patrick.
"Do with me what you will."

Patrick's eyes gleamed at the words and quickly dragged me upstairs. I laughed at his childish behavior.
"Patrick What is it? You're acting like a straight guy thinking he's about to get laid."
Patrick scoffed,
"As hot as that may sound that's not why I'm like this."
I chuckled,
"Fine then what's up?"
I asked as we stumbled into a bedroom. Patrick hurtled to the bed and jumped onto it. I shook my head. He has to be drunk.

"Well besides the fact I'm a little bit intoxicated,"
Patrick confirmed holding his fingers in a pinch.
I gasped,
"No! You unlawful child!"
Patrick sighed dramatically, throwing his head back.
"I know, I'm a disgrace!"
We both bursted out laughing, and I jumped onto the bed next to him. We both sighed in content after our laughter had ceased. Patrick grabbed my hand, out of habit I suppose, making my hand jump away. Patrick looked over at me with confusion.

"What's wrong?"
Patrick turned his body to face mine, sounding concerned. I shook my head, placing my hand on my forehead.
"Nothing.. it's- it's just me sorry."
I stumbled on my words. I didn't know how to cover this up, nor was I doing a good job.
"Diana,"
Patrick said sternly yet softly.
I sighed,
"I really can't- it's just you can't do those things without telling me first. At least for now. I have to get used to it, but it's hard because it's my instinct to-,"
"Diana what happened to you?"
My eyes widened at his question. I looked over at him to see him more worried than I've ever seen before.

"I've noticed the signs you know...
and I feel like I know- but I really don't want to be right. Even if I am I don't want to assume. So please,"
Patrick hesitantly places his hand on mine.
"Talk to me."

My breath wavered for a split second before I spoke.
"Okay,"
I sat up,
"But you have to promise not to tell anyone, and I mean it Patrick. No one."
Patrick's eyebrows furrowed and his expression filled with concern and seriousness. Which as you probably know is very rare for Patrick. So I knew I could trust him.