Dance no.2

So Mary Elizabeth came to our house...
And met our parents. Who were obviously shocked.
She also ended up taking pictures with us.
And guess who got to witness this with me.
Patrick.
I swear it was so hard to get him to stop laughing, but I really can't say much. I could barely contain myself.
Patrick was my date . We're going all together. It sounded fun, and we didn't have dates so... this was the alternative.
Bright side though. Patrick complimented my outfit constantly. He kept asking to borrow it as well.
I was able to get my hands on another pant suit. But this time it had no long sleeves. It was form fitting, had a sweet heart neckline, and was red. Yep, I know amazing right? Of course Patrick looked great himself it's just he was just wearing a plain suit. So he was too happy.
At the dance we danced all night. We laughed and leaned on one another. During the slow dance all I could was stare at Charlie. I couldn't help but feel bad. Not that Mary Elizabeth is bad, but I know for a fact that Charlie doesn't like her in the way she does him. Patrick seemed to notice my staring, so to get my attention back he tapped my ass.
I gasped and turned my head to be met with Patrick's cheeky grin. I slapped his arm and scoffed out of disbelief.
"Excuse me sir but that isn't yours to touch!"
I yelled-whispered, laughing towards the end.
Patrick shrugged and looked up.
"I mean it's the only action you've gotten in ages, so honestly I think you should be thanking me."
My mouth opened wide and I stared at him with shock. Now I get Patrick and I joke but damn! He didn't have to go there. That's a touchy subject, pun intended.

"That was a low blow. Not cool Patrick."
I mumbled pretending to be offended.
"Oh I'm sorry,"
Patrick puckered our his lower lip,
"Forgive me?"
I rolled my eyes.
"How do I even put up with you?"
Patrick smiles giddily.
"It's like you said you LOVE me."
Patrick whispered dragging out the word love.

I swear Patrick won't let that go. I mean I DO love him. We all know that, and he doesn't really know HOW I love him, but he just seems to love the fact I said it. I swear this boy is strange.

I sighed,
"Yeah I guess. I can't take it back now, can I?"
Patrick shook his head, his nose pointing up to the ceiling.
"Nope!"
He made sure to really express the P.
I shrugged as a smile crept onto my face.
"I guess I love you then."
Patrick smiles back at me, and I laid my head on his chest.

The rest of the dance was actually quite peaceful. The only thing that broke that peacefulness was when I was told Charlie was going over to Mary Elizabeth's. My eyes probably practically popped out of their sockets. Since I was already in Patrick's truck there was nothing I could do about it. That night I slept over at Patrick and Sam's house. I was worried out of my mind about Charlie, and Patrick knew why.
The next morning when I got home I found out that Mary Elizabeth decided that they were now in a relationship.

"Charlie do you want me to take care of it?"
I asked as we sat on his bed.
"No,"
Charlie responded sounding uneasy.
"I don't want to bury her feelings, and you would definitely do just that."
I groaned,
"It's not my fault that people can't take my bluntness!"
Charlie snickered at me.
I looked at him again with a serious expression.
"Are you sure?"
He nodded.
"I need to handle this on my own."
I huffed.
"Okay,"
I pat his leg.
"Just don't lead her on for too long."

Yeah and you can guess how that turned out.
For weeks and weeks I've had to deal with the consequences of their relationship. Like not being able to use the phone!!!!
I don't hate Mary Elizabeth at all, but I do wish she would shut the hell up sometimes.
Not to mention it hurts to see Charlie with her. Any smart person that was paying attention could tell he was unhappy. Of course Mary Elizabeth was neither. I mean this girl could get excepted into Harvard, but she can't take the hint that my brother doesn't like her. Sounds pretty stupid to me.

That brings us to this moment.
The moment that I knew would come .
I did call it.

We sat in a circle and guess what game we were playing.
Yep,
Truth or dare