ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ¹

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ʀᴀᴘᴇ.

While the end of the trial was nearing, the beginning of a new era was upon us. With my little boy in my arms, I had no reasons to carry on with lecturing my former friends on how to act during a trial. Doing so would do more harm than good on my reputation and on the ears of the two young hybrids in our midst.

"Is that?" Edward questions, looking at the prince in my arms, "A hybrid?"

Many people in the crowd let out a gasp as they got to see the newest addition to the royal family. Quite a few of the vampires took a few steps forward, wanting to get a better look at Helios as he smiled awkwardly at everyone while being carried back to his fathers.

"Hey my boy," Caius greeted as I allowed him to take him from my hold, propping him up on his leg before getting him better situated. "You were so good, Heelie," my mate praises.

"Thank you daddy," my blonde mate kisses Helios' head before turning back to the very confused Edward and Bella. In fact, everyone but our own coven was shocked at the discovery. Finding out that the reason behind a governmental lockdown was a young child was not something that happened once a century.

"That isn't possible," Alice says, "I should have been able to see!"

"Well, it seems that we have been able to prove your gift quite unreliable, Alice, as well as Edward's. I think that I have found a nice way around those invasive powers of yours once and for all," I give them a sadistic smile as I take my stand in front of them. "Helios Volturi is your prince, my and my mate's son, you will do well to show him all of the respect that someone in his position commands."

"How did you survive having a hybrid child? Who is the father?" Edward pesters us.

"Our son is our soul child, not biological. I have never been pregnant and I never will become pregnant. We found his mother when dealing with the infestation of Immortal children. As she gave birth she asked me and my mate Marcus, who had come to investigate the disturbance with me, to give him love and to take him in as my own," I explain to the vampires around us, "We have kept this news from you only so that we could get a grip on what exactly we were dealing with. Keeping a secret like this forever was never our intention."

"Taking him from his father-" Bella starts.

"My brothers and I are his fathers, not some filthy Romanian that raped a human woman," Marcus seethes, "Anna and I watched him being born and we are the parents. Whoever his father was does not matter because I would have torn him apart for what he did to Lana."

Alice turns to me and gives me a half-hearted smile, "The child isn't even yours, Annalise, he needs to be with someone who knows how to give him the love he needs. You're a cruel queen with a lot of issues. You'll ruin him. His mother wouldn't have wanted this for him, this pressure of being a prince. She didn't know that you were a queen or that you were even a monster as she lay dying."

"Bold of you to assume that we did not tell her that we were a king and a queen and that she was not smart enough to recognize one of the members of the species that kidnapped and impregnated her," Marcus argues. "Lana knew what was to become of her child. All that she wanted was that we kept him happy and safe. As we have done just that, we made her dying wish a reality."

"Still, Annalise is not fit to be a mother," Alice fights back against the notion. "Look at her, she's a killer and she gets off on the fact that people suffer. A monster-"

It was my little boy that spoke up this time, "You don't know crap about my mother, bitch. Sorry grandpa, but it had to be said."

"Forgiven," Carlisle comes up to the scene, looking at his former daughter, "My grandson is right in every way. My daughter is a kind person who loves her son more than anything. You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting that someone else take her child away from her."