ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁷

ᴜɢʜ ꜱᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ ʀᴀᴄɪꜱᴛ ɪꜱꜱᴜᴇꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡʟɪɢʜᴛ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ꜱᴏ ʏ'ᴀʟʟ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴀɴɴᴀ (ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴀᴇᴠᴇ ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴀᴇᴠᴇ ɪꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ꜱᴇʟꜰ-ɪɴꜱᴇʀᴛ) ɢᴏ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇꜱᴇ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ꜱᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴘʀᴇᴊᴜᴅɪᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ.

ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴꜰᴜꜱɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ. ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴅɪᴛ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ɪ ᴘᴏꜱᴛ, ꜱᴏ ɪ ᴍɪꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Qᴜɪᴄᴋʟʏ. ɪ ꜰɪxᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇɴᴀᴛᴀ-ʜᴇɪᴅɪ ᴍɪx ᴜᴘ. ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ɴᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ.

The conversation of Renesmee's wellbeing did irk me, as I knew that Bella never had really wanted to have kids in her life. In many ways she was too selfish to be a mother, always leaving people for the sake of Edward and all of his beauty. It was no surprise that she had claimed during the trial that Renesmee was the most beautiful thing in the world. She called her perfect. While many may think that calling their children perfect is a good thing, it can lead to feelings of either overconfidence in their abilities or failure when they don't succeed.

Nessie was clearly shy, that much was obvious. Bella may have come out of her shell a bit, but her daughter was naturally introverted, sticking to her mate and not interacting with many others. Not that it was bad for her to do so, but it did make having a relationship with people like Edward, Alice, and Bella hard.

The three of them wanted her to be the best, better than my son, but didn't even think that maybe, just maybe, being the best wasn't the most important thing in the world. Renesmee is beautiful, but there are people more beautiful. That does not mean that she is not pretty, but they must think of her as more than her beauty and ability to learn.

Even geniuses need time to themselves, with the people they care about. Nessie's parents had not given her this. For heaven's sake, she's a child. Children need free time. That is the only way for them to grow socially and emotionally. You don't learn emotions while learning the history of the world. Maybe you learn some social things, but Nessie isn't in a normal school and won't have the ability to make new friends.

That was another thing that Edward and Bella had taken away from Nessie, the ability to make long lasting friendships. I could see that Nahuel was interested in having a friend outside of his estranged hybrid family, but Bella didn't seem very keen on any male near her daughter, which was odd considering that she already has her mate in her life.

All of the missing pieces that would have made her judgement calls logical remained unseen, most likely not even existing. Whatever Bella touches seems to get hurt, even her own child. It would be awful for someone else to have to care for Nessie, but abuse is abuse and vampires need to recognize hybrid children aren't like normal humans or vampires. They are a completely different species that includes both traits of humans and vampires.

"I do hope that young Renesmee gets the good life she deserves, even with awful people like her parents," I laugh at Aro's disdain for Edward and Bella.

"With Jacob as her mate, she should be great. He's very protective and clearly was willing to break alliances with the Olympic Coven in seeing us if it meant that he could help his imprint," Aro nods, taking in a deep breath, "Don't worry too much, darling, Nessie will get the food and love she deserves. Jake will make sure of it."