ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁶

ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ꜱᴏ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʙᴜꜱʏ ʟᴀᴛᴇʟʏ.

ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ: ʀᴀᴄɪꜱᴍ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴀɴʏ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏᴋᴀʏ. ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ, ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ, ᴏʀ ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʀᴀᴄɪꜱᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ ʙᴇɪɴɢ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇꜱ ʀᴀᴄɪᴀʟ ꜱʟᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ, ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅɪɴɢ ʀᴇʟɪɢɪᴏɴꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇᴛʜɴɪᴄ ʀᴏᴏᴛꜱ (ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅᴀɪꜱᴍ). ɪꜰ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ʀᴀᴄɪꜱᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ, ɪ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴜᴛ.

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴ ᴡʜʏ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜɪꜱ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴇᴇɴ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ ʀᴀᴄɪꜱᴍ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ. ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴊᴇᴡɪꜱʜ, ɪ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀꜱᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴛɪ-ꜱᴇᴍɪᴛɪꜱᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴇᴄᴛꜱ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ. ꜱᴛᴇᴘʜᴇɴɪᴇ ᴍᴇʏᴇʀ ᴜꜱᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀʟ ʀᴀᴄɪᴀʟ ꜱʟᴜʀꜱ ᴀɢᴀɪɴꜱᴛ ᴍɪxᴇᴅ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅ 'ᴍᴜᴛᴛ' ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʀᴀᴄɪᴀʟ ᴄᴏɴɴᴏᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ. ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴜꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛᴇʀᴍ. ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇꜱ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ꜱʜɪꜰᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴍᴜᴛᴛꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ꜱʜɪꜰᴛᴇʀꜱ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇꜱ ʟᴇᴇᴄʜᴇꜱ. ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ʙᴏᴛʜ ᴡᴀʏꜱ. ɴᴏ ʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴏʀ ꜱᴘᴇᴄɪᴇꜱ ɪꜱ ᴀʙᴏᴠᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ. ᴡᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇQᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ.

Whatever was happening downstairs didn't matter much to me. Our party likely raged on through the night as my mates and I stayed together, snuggling and giving our affections. We would have stayed like that for the entirety of the next day if Jane and Alec hadn't walked in, Jane holding Helios in her arms.

"Mom, can we take Heelie out to the park?" Alec asked, unphased by the fact that all of us were under the covers, clearly naked. "We'll make sure that he doesn't get into any trouble, we promise."

"Take Afton as well," The two of them hissed, "Be nice to Afton, he's Heelie's soul brother as well as your fellow guard and covenmate. Wear your contacts when you go out and make sure that the wolves don't bother you while you're out. We don't want any commotion because they're racist."

"Of course, Mom!" The three of them cheered before exiting the room, Helios in their arms.

"How long do you think we will be staying here, il mio amore?" Aro asks from my side, kissing up my neck to my jawline, "How much food do you think we have left after that party?"

"Enough for at least one more day, Aro," my mate smiled before kissing my cheek, leaving me a bit flustered. Even after all these months, you still make me crazy.

"I am glad, Anna," Damn you and your mind reading, "You secretly love it, mia regina."

____________________________________________

Walking down the stairs of the house, I could see Rosalie and Emmett cleaning up, taking out all of the trash that had been left. Many of the guards were lounging about the rooms, taking sips of the bags of blood they would have to drink to satiate their thirst while they were unable to hunt in the town. You're lucky, Forks, because I wish I could hunt wherever I want, but I won't. I don't want to upset Jacob or some other dumb wolf that likely hates all vampires without even getting to see it from their perspective. Some of us are bad, but most of us aren't.