𝐓𝐖𝐎 | 𝘣𝘶𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘰𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter two | bumping into theodore once again

————☽•☾————

          𝘽rianna Kelps was an embarrassing friend. At least that's what Elena thought as they wrestled their way through the crowd to get an empty compartment. Elena dragged her luggage behind her, occasionally apologizing to the people who got knocked over by Brianna or helping them up.

"Make way for the queens!" Brianna yelled to a second year Hufflepuff, shoving him back and he fell through the open door of a compartment. Elena sighed, shaking her head and quickly helped him up.

"Sorry about Brianna—I think she's not okay in the head." She whispered to him, pointing to Brianna, who had now stopped and was dancing to a tune only she could hear. "Yup, definitely not okay."

The second year laughed at her. "I'm Jake. Jake Hornby."

"Elena Eve, nice meeting you Jake, hope to see you soon." She winked at Jake, who smiled and nodded. As she trudged her luggage behind her once again, apologizing to everyone Brianna had physically harassed (that's their words) and she sighed when she didn't see Brianna anywhere. When she stopped to tie her shoelace, she didn't hear the footsteps come towards her and they halted. They were fancy shoes—like those Malfoy wore and that could only mean one thing. Malfoy and his goons.

"Uh—sorry?" Elena had began, standing up and was surprised to see Theodore Nott standing there, without Malfoy in sight. "I need to—pass." Elena awkwardly whispered, pointing behind him and Theodore craned his neck at her. "Bri promised to find a compartment—if I could just pass."

"You're Eve right?" He asked and Elena felt heat rush up her cheeks. How does Theodore know her? They don't normally have classes with the Slytherins, except Potions and Herbology but Elena was sure that Theodore didn't have any interest whatsoever in her.

"That's my last name actually, I get that a lot. I'm Elena."

Theodore made some type of noise in the back of his throat. "Your loud friend fought us out of our usual compartment—" That's another reason why Brianna Kelps was an embarrassing friend. "It's the one far back, to your right."

Elena blinked. "Oh—um—thanks!" She smiled at him. "If I could just...." Theodore rolled his eyes at Elena before swiftly passing her, his cologne filling her nostrils. She shook her head, making her way towards the far back. She passed Hermione Granger, who held a furry cat in her arms. Elena asked to pet the cat and Hermione quickly obliged, then asked if she would like to sit with them. Elena had politely denied, telling her Brianna had already found a compartment and waved goodbye to Hermione and her cat.

Once she arrived at the compartment, she quickly put her luggage away and when Jake Hornby passed by, she grabbed him and they sat down opposite Brianna, who was already rummaging through the backpack she always carried as it was always filled with sweets and chocolate.

"Ugh, finally you weirdo, I had to fight Theodore and Blaise for this compartment. Let me tell you, it was not fun at all." Brianna argued, tossing a Mars bar at Elena, who caught it. "Who's this?"

"I'm Jake Hornby, the kid you yelled at earlier on." Jake told Brianna.

"He's our new friend Bri, so I need you to apologize." Elena told her friend, who was eating jelly beans very disgustingly. Brianna Kelps had anything but manners. She and table manners? Mortal enemies.

"What are you? My mother?" Jake snorted from beside Elena.

"Well somebody has to keep you in line." The girl pointed out, plunging her Mars bar in Jake's hand and she grabbed Brianna's bag of goods, pulling out a slab of dark chocolate and a packet of jelly beans.

"I am in line! I was always in line!" Elena shot her a look. "I mean... sorry kiddo, I was being a little extreme."

"I don't think a little describes it. I'm surprised that I don't have any bruises, honestly." Jake said and Elena laughed.

"Ditto kiddo." One of the many things the two best friends have in common, is their love for Stephen King's novels, especially Carrie and It. If you asked them both what their most favorite was, they would both say It without any hesitation. While Carrie was second on Brianna's list, The Shining was second on Elena's.

Silence followed after that and it stretched on for about a good two hours, Brianna had entertained herself with a Shakespeare book while Elena reread The Running Man by none other than Stephen King. The man's writing was absolutely flawless, you can't really blame Elena. Jake had fallen asleep, his rat on his lap. The train suddenly gave a jolt and the lights suddenly turned off.

"El? You still there?" Brianna had whispered.

Elena swallowed hard when she felt a shiver run down her spine. Something bad was happening. "Where would I go Bri?" She asked, illuminating the compartment. Jake was still asleep, but his rat was wide awake. Elena pressed her face against the window. "It looks like people are boarding the train. Merlin knows why out here."

A figure floated past them and another shiver ran down her spine. Thankfully whatever that was, didn't look at them. "One of us needs to go ask the driver what's happening." Brianna suggested. "Send Jake, no one will miss him much."

"This is really not a great time to crack jokes Bri." Elena harshly whispered. "I'm sorry but really, not a great time. Look, stay here with Jake and I'll ask the driver what in fucks name in going on." Brianna nodded, illuminating her own wand. Just as Elena stepped through the compartment door, the lights went back on. "That was weird."

"Odd, perhaps the person who got on didn't want us seeing him." Brianna suggested as Elena sat beside Jake, biting down on her chocolate before she grabbed her book.

"Mmh, maybe." Elena hummed, not necessarily agreeing. First Sirius Black escapes from Azkaban, a place her aunt is in, now some random dude boarded the train? Can this year get any weirder?

————☽•☾————