𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter four | just a warning

————☽•☾————

             𝙀l dear, The Ministry have placed your father and I under house arrest after they found the thing I told you about. They said they were here looking for Black, as you remember I told you that he escaped from Azkaban. And a week, today actually, after, your aunt Savannah aslo escaped hence why the Ministry thought we were hiding Black and your aunt. Honestly, it's idiotic that they thought of us first. Anyway, I just wanted to inform you that you shouldn't come home for the Christmas break. I'm sure Brianna will understand if you can go to their house for Christmas and if you can stay there for the summer, that would be wonderful. I don't know when they'll lift the house arrest and I don't want you to stay cooped up with us like a prisoner when you've done absolutely nothing wrong.

With much love,
Your mother.

————☽•☾————

         𝙒ith the speed of lightning, Elena stuffed the letter back into her pocket. She became flustered at the thought of Theodore reading her letter, as it was very private. She flashed Jake a half meant smile when he handed her the goblet of pumpkin juice and she quickly passed it to Brianna, who was in a conversation with Hannah Abbott about something. Cedric was seated beside Elena, and she just hoped he didn't read her letter, though she guessed the Hufflepuff inside Cedric would never do that to her.

"Are you okay? You seem as though you've seen a ghost." A voice above Elena asked and she looked up, seeing their house ghost, the Fat Friar. She had flashed him a smile, despite the war inside her head. She couldn't believe that her aunt escaped, from what she heard from her parents Savannah Greenwood was anything but kind and loving.

"Oh I'm fine, just received some bad news." Elena politely told the ghost, who smiled at the girl before he swooped away to join Nearly Headless Nick in his conversation with some Duchess.

"You really seem pale El." Cedric said beside her, worry etched unto his perfect face and Elena flashed him a smile, shaking her head.

"I'm fine Cedric, just like I said, received some bad news, that's it. You'll see, I'll have forgotten about it at the end of the day." She assured the brunette, who hummed in response, going back to his eggs. Elena turned to Brianna, gently poking her shoulder. "Hey, I'm going to talk to Harry, if the bell rings, just take my stuff please."

Brianna looked like she was about to ask why she was going to talk with Harry but decided against it, her conversation with Hannah seemingly more important. "Okay, if I forget, blame Jake." Brianna flashed her a smile and before Elena could remind her that Jake was their friend and she should be nice, Brianna had already turned back to Hannah. Elena shook her head at this but slid out her chair and began her way to the Gryffindor table.

She could feel eyes on her as she stopped before Harry and his friends. Hermione had enthusiastically greeted the flustered Hufflepuff, who greeted her back as politely as possible and she turned even more red when she noticed that Theodore Nott and Draco Malfoy were looking at her.

"Hey Harry, can I talk with you for a second?" Elena asked, trying her best to ignore her pounding heart. Beside Harry, Ron Weasley suddenly smirked at his best mate.

"Blimey Harry! She's such a beautiful girl, how'd you la—"

"It's not what you think!" Elena suddenly yelled out and just like that, the entire school turned their heads towards her and she felt like melting right there and then. Why was she an idiot? Why was she even here? She should just leave, she's just making a fool of herself. "Can I talk with you or not Harry?"

"Er—I suppose you can." Harry awkwardly said, shuffling out his seat and Elena hung her head as they sprinted towards the doors of the Great Hall. Once out, she heaved a sigh and wiped her clammy face with the back of her hand. Now she felt downright sick.

"It's about Black." Elena said, motioning towards the windows, where Dementors floated around. Harry had gone pale at the mere sight of them and Elena regretted ever dragging him out here. She could've talked at the table, but then again, some unwanted ears would've listened in on their conversation and that's the last thing she wants. "My aunt escaped too and I don't know if she was in there for being a Death Eater or what. M-my parents don't really talk about her."

"I'm not sure I follow." Harry admitted, face still pale and Elena really hated herself for making him scared.

"It's—I don't know if she's a Death Eater or not Harry, I don't know if she's after you or not." Elena concluded but Harry shook his head.

"Listen, I'm glad you warned me and you worry about me but we both know it's Voldemort that's after me."

Elena turned pale at the emere sound of the most feared Dark Wizard. She swallowed hard before she forced herself to nod. "Right, was just saying." She whispered, hearing the bell ring and she smiled at Harry. "Listen, I'm sorry about all that and I'm sorry I mentioned that stuff. I didn't mean to, I ju—"

"No, I get it, you were looking out for me. I appreciate it. But you should take care of yourself as well Elena, who knows, maybe your aunt will come for you." As soon as those words left Harry's lips, Elena's heart began throbbing and her ears rung. What if Harry is right? What if her aunt Savannah comes for her instead? It was a possibility, considering tee fact that her own aunt had tried to murder her. She shouldn't have told Harry, she should've just kept it to herself. Now he knows that she has a deranged aunt.

"Um—you're right. Thank you." Elena willed her legs to move away from Harry and she searched for Brianna and Jake in the crowd now exiting the Great Hall. She spotted them and hurriedly walked over to them, hoping no one will notice her.

"You missed Sprout handing out our time tables, so here." Brianna handed the girl her bag and time table and Elena skimmed her eyes over it. She noticed that her first class was not only with the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws, but with the Slytherins as well as she internally groaned. "I know how you feel," Brianna remarked when she saw the look on Elena's face. "Malfoy is going to be there the entire time and we have Divination first. How lucky we are. My brother told me that Trelawney is a bit crazy and that she predicts students' death all the time. He said she predicted that he will die in his thirties." Brianna shook her head. "I would laugh—but he's sick. Maybe that Trelawney was telling truth."

Elena shook her head. "Jake, what class do you have first?"

"Defense." Jake said, shrugging. "I wonder how Lupin will be. Lockhart was an idiot."

Elena chuckled when Brianna shook her head. "You should tell us how he is, our paths will cross when we go to Transfiguration and you go to—"

"Herbology." Jake said and Elena nodded. "See you then. Bye El, bye Bri."

Brianna watched as Jake skipped away. "That kid is one weird person." She shook her head. "Anyway, I think they know where Divination class is. Let's follow them but let's not make it obvious that we have no idea where we're headed or where they're going."

Elena noticed that they were following Draco, his goons, Theodore, Blaise and Vega Lestrange. "Er—yeah." That's when Theodore Nott turned his fucking head and Elena felt like dying. What is the problem with this kid this year?

————☽•☾————