𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 | 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘩𝘺

𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐋𝐄
chapter seven | murphy

————☽•☾————

           𝙀lena sat in the library, the only place Brianna and Jake would never dare enter, that is except Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She was revising for the mini test Professor Snape had told them that they were going to write and seeing as she didn't do that good in Potions, she needed the extra revision. Elena was so engrossed in her work that she didn't notice or hear the person sink before her. She only noticed when the person briefly touched her hand and when she looked up, butterflies erupted in her stomach and a blush crept up her cheeks. It was Theodore.

"Hey," The Slytherin greeted, in a tone that Elena might describe as polite. "Do you need help?"

Elena took in a ragged breath. She could say yes, after all Theodore was good at Potions. He was a natural and he didn't even need to revise his work. "Hello Theo." Elena whispered, playing with a lock of her dark hair. "And I'd really like that."

Theodore visibly brightened, a first for Elena. He had hastily gathered their stuff, dumping them all in his backpack even when Elena wanted to argue. "We're going to a place where Malfoy and the rest can't see us." He declared and Elena nodded, as that made sense. It kinda sucked that they had to hide their friendship, especially when Theodore was so interesting and oddly kind around her. She wished the rest could see it but they obviously won't. They were clouded with heavy judgments hovering above their heads like knives and Elena had no way to break that. She was a Hufflepuff, not a hero.

Elena wordlessly trailed behind Theodore, but not close enough to raise suspicion. It seemed as though they were heading towards the greenhouses. Elena nearly squealed at this. She loved Herbology and she did exceptionally good in it, just like Charms and Transfiguration. She then had figured that maybe her reason for not doing good in Potions was because she hated Professor Snape. But then again, that was a lie. She actually really liked Professor Snape and found him very intriguing.

Theodore had led her to greenhouse five, seeing as that Sprout was busy in greenhouse three. They had wordlessly entered the greenhouse and Elena felt a shiver run down her spine when she saw a Dementor float a little further away from them. A hand suddenly touched hers and Elena looked down and her heart began beating fast when she noticed that it was Theodore's.

"It won't come any nearer. If it knows what's good for it." He flashed her a smile and Elena blushed. Someone barged through the door and Elena quickly drew back her hand, almost missing the warmth Theodore's hand provided. Elena thanked the moon and stars when she noticed it was Cedric and his friends.

"Oh hello El!" Cedric grinned at the girl, making her blush with embarrassment when Theodore raised a brow at her. "And you have Theodore Nott with you. Lovely surprise."

"Er—yeah, he was—um—"

"I am just helping her with her Potions revision and because we didn't want any unnecessary prying eyes, we came here." Theodore swiftly explained, causing Elena to glance at him and she felt her heart flutter for the second time that day. Theodore Nott was actually a really kind person and an amazing friend.

"What's in it for you Nott? I know how you Slytherins work. You can't just give something without taking." A friend of Cedric snarled and Elena looked at him. It was Murphy Alexander, the redhead who was really cute. At some point last year, Elena was sure she had a crush on him and she was now sure as day that it never faded, for she felt her heart accelerate at the mere sound of her voice.

"Nothing." Theodore shrugged and he waved a hand towards Elena, who again blushed. "Just helping out a friend."

Murphy narrowed his eyes. "Friend? You're not really her friend, you're going to use her. Elena has a heart of gold, Nott, and I'm not sure I'd like to see it break." Elena furrowed her brow in confusion and because she took everything to the extreme, she began daydreaming about how it would've been if she and Murphy had drawn the same cards.

Theodore shook his head. "Elena Eve is my first friend, I wouldn't want to ruin that." He looked at Elena and smiled at her, earning a smile from the Hufflepuff.

"Okay, touching speech and everything but we have work to do. Come on Murph." Rosalind Smith said as she grabbed Murphy's hand and led him away from the Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Cedric had grinned at Elena.

"It's nice seeing you make new friends El." He said, ruffling her hair before he joined his friends and Daniel MacMillan and Celeste Cole rolled their eyes at Cedric before flashing a smile at Elena. Daniel had winked at Theodore, a smirk on his lips and Elena, although she knew nothing about how boys operated, knew what this meant.

"Mudbloods." Theodore growled under his breath, hoping Elena didn't catch that. He might have a Hufflepuff friend, but that didn't mean he was going to change completely over night.

"Did you say something?" Elena asked, a twinkle in her eyes and Theodore felt his heart race oddly against his chest. He had never felt this odd yet satisfying feeling before, as he had never found anyone attractive before. Pansy Parkinson was hardly attractive, Daphne Greengrass even less. Don't even get him started on Millicent Bulstrode. She was beautiful but Theodore hated her ways.

"Oh nothing," Theodore shrugged and he looked down. "Just wanted to tell you that I think you look beautiful today."

Elena froze on her spot. Did she just get a compliment from Theodore Nott himself?! Why was he even giving her a compliment? The Hufflepuff licked her lips and willed herself to reach out to Theodore, carefully touching his pale yet oddly warm hand. "Thank you Theo." She smiled at him, trying to ignore the butterflies that she was sure turned into spiders by now judging by how wildly the danced in her stomach. "I think you're beautiful when you actually use your mouth to talk, not keep quiet."

Theodore rubbed his thumb over Elena's olive knuckles. "Then I'll keep talking. For you." Elena blushed, only remembering now that Cedric and his troop of friends were watching them. She wet her lips again.

"The test isn't until next week. Can we go to—um—the Black Lake? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to." Elena watched as Theodore wet his own lips before he smiled at Elena, a real genuine smile and Elena felt her heart flutter.

"I'd like that El."

Elena smiled at him before she gingerly intertwined their fingers, hoping it won't scare him and she gently led him away from the greenhouse. As Theodore let Elena drag him away from the greenhouse, he couldn't help but feel some type of need to protect her, to shield her from Malfoy. Murphy had been right. Elena does have a heart of gold and Theodore wasn't prepared to watch it break. Odd, he thought, might I be in love?

————☽•☾————

┌i love Murphy and I absolutely love Theodore and Elena's friendship/relationship thingy, they make my heart melt!
Fun fact : Murphy is a professional WWE wrestler, whom I love, and I've taken loads of inspiration from him and the Monday Night Messiah, the character Seth Rollins is currently portraying and I've also take a bit of inspiration from AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy. So basically Murphy Alexander is what Murphy, Seth Rollins, AJ and Jeff would be merged in one┘